Ayurveda Q&A: Home remedies for managing stress
Dr Gowthaman, Medical Director, Dr Gowthaman’s Ayurveda Panchakarma Center, Chennai, answers readers’ questions on Ayurveda. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every Tuesday.
This week’s answers:
1. I am suffering in cervical spondylosis. Please suggest me what to do.
Spondylosis is the specialty of Ayurveda. Ayurveda therapies and medicines with a personalized yoga exercises can heal this in no time. Please visit the near by Ayurveda therapy center for a personalized therapy program. Abhyanga, Ela Kizhi, Podi Kizhi, Pizichil, Navara Kizhi are usually suggested depends on the condition.
Ayurveda combinations like Dasamoolam Kashayam – 15 ml + 60 ml of warm milk – Twice daily 30 minutes before breakfast and dinner with Cervilon and Spondylon capsules each one tablets helps. Dhanvanthram Thailam external application followed by warm water bath.
2. Dear Dr Gowthaman, Today i seen your Ayurveda Q&A in the internet . Please kindly advise me i am also suffer with more Mendel stress during my work assignment. In that time i am having more head pain , critinecs , dezeness and tention.Presently i am in abu dhabi and my native place is chennai . if i will be coming 15 days leave will it possible for taking treatment with you.
Expecting your advise and reply my mail.
Yes, I am very much available in Chennai. Please call 044 42187226 (rVita Ayurveda Centers/ www.rvita.com) for appointments. In the meantime, please take this home remedy 100 ml of water + 50 ml of milk + 5 gm of fresh Ginger – boil the mixture until it becomes 100 ml – Filter and take it once a day on an empty stomach. Take oil bath every alternative day. Apply warm oil all over the body followed by warm water bath after 15 minutes, this will improve the physical blood circulation in turn reducing stress. Eat non spicy, salty, non oily foods and drinks for better results.
Practice walking or physical exercise for at least 30 minutes. This will improve the condition in no time. Ayurveda medicine Stresscom and Manasamitram gutika each 1 tablet twice daily after food with warm milk improves the condition in no time.
3.I want to treat melasma, face pigmentation by ayurvedic treatments.
Treating Melasma with Ayurveda
Ayurveda, as a holistic medicine addresses this problem both from inside and outside. Ayurveda explains as the facial beauty is the reflection of physical, mental and spiritual well being. Hence, Ayurveda recommends the traditional detoxification therapies followed by rejuvenation therapies for this condition.
As a pacification therapy, Ayurveda recommends a special eight fold therapy for a period of 28-40 days for complete cure. This facial therapies helps improves the blood circulation in the skin which in turn detox and rejuvenate itself. Even though the results are slow, it yields better results than any other chemical or Modern medicine based creams
1. Gentle application of fresh aloe vera juice followed by warm water wash: Modern researchers do accept it as aloe vera contains mucilaginous polysaccharides which has a significant result on lightening the dark spots. Ayurveda recommends this application on face should be a gently one and to be done for 15 minutes.
2. Application of orange peel, fresh or powdered mixed with milk – It is very good skin exfoliator which can lighten the skin discolorations in no time. Gentle application followed by warm water wash after 30 minutes
3. Application of turmeric powder mixed with warm milk – 5 tablespoon of turmeric powder mixed with 10 tablespoon of milk and applied all over the face followed by warm massage for 20 minutes helps followed by warm water wash
4. Almond paste with honey as pack for 15 minutes followed by warm water wash after 15 minutes
5. Application of fresh lemon juice with gentle massage followed by warm water wash after 10 minutes
6. Onion seed paste application followed by warm water wash after 15 minutes
7. Tulsi leave paste pack followed by warm water wash after 15 minutes
8. Finally 10 minutes pack with Thriphala choornam for 10 minutes followed by warm water wash (Ayurveda recommends using Thriphala Kashayam for face wash helps both in prevention and cure, Ayurveda also recommends 1 tablespoon of Thriphala choornam at bed time with warm water also helps in healing)
4. Dear Dr Gowthaman – I have shifted to Triplicane area in Chennai in December 2011. Since then I have very hard motion wherein I have to push hard and it takes nearly 15 minutes. I am feeling hot body in these months. Sometime I will have motion once in two days. I am strictly vegetarian and aged 53 years. Prior to December, I was in Pallikaranai area in Chennai where my motion was very normal and routine. Kindly advise me the solution for overcoming this problem.
Improving the water intake, exercise and adding good amount of fibers can improve the condition. Take conlax 1 tablet at bed time for 30 days. Its a stool softener, it will help in easy bowels.
5. Sir I am 22M .I have hair gray problem since I was 10 year old. At this time I have almost 60% gray.At the age of 13 I shifted to hostel for the sake of my study and till to date i am in hostel.so i think this is a case of malnutrition. On the other hand i used to hand practice( self masturbate) usually once in 7 days. I think that you provide me a perfect cure for this problem. I am waiting for your reply.
It could be due to hereditary and malnutrition. Ayurveda therapies and medicines can help. I require more details like history of past illness, lifestyle and sleep habits, mood swings, bowel habits etc., Please write to me with these details, accordingly i will send you a personalized healing plan.
6. Hi doctor,my wife suffering from hypothyroidism last 3 years and she use ELTROXIN,100mcg tablets daily at once. So she gain weight above normal. So for weight loss and control hypothyroid and also regular menses. She has TSH VALUE 10.5 please advice what to do for overweight
Hypothyroidism is the specialty of Ayurveda. According to Ayurveda, it is a malnutrition problem than the disease. Ayurveda recommends a holistic approach for this disorder. Ayurveda purification therapies followed by diet and rejuvenation therapies can heal the condition in no time.
Ayurveda medicines like Remythro capsules 1 thrice daily after food with Vita Noni capsules thrice daily 30 minutes before food improve the weight and thyroid functions.
Send in your questions on Ayurveda to firstname.lastname@example.org now! And don’t forget to include `Ayurveda FAQ` in the subject line.