Ayurveda Q&A: How to keep anxiety at bay?
Dr. Bhawna Aggarwal, Ishtayu Ayurveda Wellness Centre answers readers’ questions on Ayurveda. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every week.
This week’s answers:
1 It’s me Arunprasath, age is 28, teetotaler and occasional Non-Vegetarian. I’m Suffered by Gastritis (Due to allergic tablet taken) with Hiatus-Hernia (Anatomical reason). My symptoms are Heart-burn and Upper abdomen dis-comfort. I wants to get rid of this problem forever, atleast symptoms. Is it possible in ayurveda. Am Suffering lot, please help me.
Thanks & Regards,
Ayurveda is best to cure your symptom. It will not have side effects. Drink ¼ cup of Aloe Vera juice 20 min before food. Avoid alcohol, tea, coffee, citrus fruits, oily and spicy food. Drink plenty of water (at least 8 glasses). Take 1 teaspoon of Avipatikar powder 15 min before meal with fresh water.
2. I read with interest the write up on hypertension and the home remedies. What is the remedy in case the patient is a diabetic, can he still use honey? Please respond.
Take one tbsp of amla juice with one cup of karela juice on empty stomach. Buy madhushunya powder (Khadi Gram) and take 2 tbsp after food with water. Do Yogasana, (especially mandook asana) every day. Avoid honey. Stevia is a herbal sweetener especially for diabetes. You can buy it from any medical store.
3. I have suffered from both diabetes and B P from 18 and one year respectively now I have using Allopathy tablets GYNASE MF and losar-H . ttogether with I maybe taken Aswhagandha and shilajith capsules and Triphala tabletsor powder is it O K for me ? Yours sincerely
A G Natesh.
Aswhagandha and shilajith is good for diabetes but may elevate BP. So, better to take in low dose. Triphala is good for BP and Diabetes. You can take methi dana powder. Buy madhusunya powder (Khadi Gram) and take 2 tbsp after meal with fresh water. Stevia is the herbal sweetener. It is better than the artificial sweetener (sugar free cubes)
4. is there any well known ayurvedic drug which can be taken without any side effects for high BP? is pranayama useful what kind of pranayama is useful in controlling high bp
can garlic be taken raw ??
Take 1 capsule Abana capsules (Himalaya) 2 times a day and 1 brahmi vati 2 times a day. Take 1 tbsp of amla juice on an empty stomach preferably in the morning. Garlic can be taken raw. Try lahsun sheer pak instead of raw garlic. You can make lahsun sheer pak by boiling 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of water and 3 garlic clove until reduce to half. Anulom Vilom, Bhastrika pranayama is good for BP
5. Dear Ma’am. I have been reading your articles and I feel they are really beneficial. Ma’am, I was operated for gall stones. Thereafter i developed PCOD for which the doctor gave me medicines but I had a side affect. I am conscious of my diet as I has a tough time. I don’t eat fried food, cheese, butter, sugary stuff or namkeen. In biscuits i take raagi biscuits.. I take oats for breakfast and lunch n’ dinner is one roti each made of flex seed powder, raagi n’ multi grains with little vegetable n’ a small catori of curd. I take fruits when I m hungry. I also take walnuts and almonds in the morning. Inspite of all this I ahve gained weight though gradually. I am taking Daxid(Anti depressant).In view of my bad experience will illness, i developed panic attacks which was again a turmoli in my life. Would you please help me with your suggestion as how can I loose my weight. I am 5 feet 6 1/2 inch tall and weigh 75. Can you suggest something to keep anxiety at bay?
Thanks so much
Practice pranayama and yoga daily for 20-25 min. Brisk walk and laughter therapy is beneficial. Soak 1 tbsp of triphala powder in 1 glass of water in night and boil it to half. Mix a tbsp. of honey and drink empty stomach, It will reduce your weight. Check your thyroid level from any lab. Take 2 tabs of brahmi twice daily. Listen to soothing music. You can find a panchkarma centre nearby and take shirodhara therapy. Indulge with your friends and have fun. Anti-depressanta are not the solution, so, avoid anti-depressants. Your weight is not that high. The weight might have increased due to side effect of PCOD medicines. So, you can easily reduce with exercises and yogasana.
6. Dear Doctor, do you have any medicine/home remedy for Sciatic Pain.
Vijay Kumar Atri
Buy ekangveer ras (Baidyanath) and take 1 tab twice daily. Apply dhanvantaram thailam.
Send in your questions on Ayurveda to email@example.com now! And don’t forget to include `Ayurveda FAQ – Dr Bhawna in the subject line.