Ayurveda Q&A: Natural therapy for hair fall
Dr Gowthaman, Medical Director of rVita, answers readers’ questions on Ayurveda. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every Tuesday.
This week’s answers:
1. I am having gastric problem only at early morning. I am having erectile dysfunction and no interest in sex. I was having thyroid problem in 1990. Afer that i don’t have interest in sex and ED problem. Thyroid gland was removed in 2007. Please suggest me ayurvedic medicine for gastric,ed and improve semen production.
Erectile dysfunction in men usually due to an undiagnosed thyroid condition. Treating hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism will usually reverse the ED. Typically, within six months of treatment, ED may spontaneously resolve.
In a study, which found that 79% of men with thyroid dysfunction some degree of ED (52% of the men with hypothyroidism and 27% of the men with hyperthyroidism.) Severe ED was found in almost 38.% of the men with hypothyroidism and 29.6% of the men with hyperthyroidism. In general, ED was found in a significantly larger number of patients with hyperthyroidism (71%) and hypothyroidism (85%) as compared with controls (25%). After thyroid treatment to restore levels to normal, 30% of the patients had ED, a rate similar to that of a control group without thyroid problems.
Ayurveda medicines like Vitadom 2 capsules thrice daily after food, Maha Thiktakam Kashayam tablets 3 tablets 30 minutes before food with warm milk twice daily, Navraspak 1 table spoon with warm milk twice daily after food improves both Gastric and ED conditions swiftly.
Ayurveda usually recommends 14-28 day program for this condition. This 14-28 day therapy which includes both detoxification and rejuvenation. This therapies can bring back the normalcy in both Gastric functions and ED swiftly.
2. how does neem help in removing worms? pl suggest home remedies. what age is it safe for children to be given these ayurvedic preparations?
Neem juice 5 ml + Turmeric powder 2 gm mixed and given once a week is enough for deworming. I suggest you consult a physician before giving any herbal medicines or Ayurveda medicines for deworming. Neem leave juice or Neem oil is effective for deworming and the same time it can bring adverse effects too. Children some times develop allergic reactions for these natural deworming medicines. Be careful before you suggest anything as herbal remedies or home remedies.
If the child is above five years, give them 5 ml of Vidanga Arishtam twice daily after food. This is one of the effective and safest Ayurveda Pediatric medicines for both to improve digestion, metabolism and deworming.
3. having hair fall since last 6 months due to hormones tablets. stopped medication now but hair fall continues. how to control this?
Hair growth is the specialty of Ayurveda. This involves detoxification, rejuvenation phases. Scalp has three glands to protect or grow and regrow hairs physiologically. One takes care of the oiliness of the scalp which continuously nourishes the hair root to make the hair healthy, Other takes care of the color, third one takes care of re growth.
Hair fall may basically related to bad nutrition, pollution etc. Hence it requires local and general therapies for complete cure.
1. DNA NONI – 15 ml 100 ml of warm water twice daily 1 hour before food + Keshmani Capsules – 2 twice daily with this tonic
2. 100 gm of Amla Powder mixed with fresh curd and 10 ml of lemon juice applied as pack on the scalp. Leave it for 30 minutes and wash it with warm water. Repeat this process on every day / Alternative day for 40 days.
3. Trisha Shampoo – For Scalp wash
Principal nutrients that are involved include vitamin A, certain B vitamins, the vitamin biotin, vitamin C, copper, iron, zinc, protein, and water.
Here are some tips to control hair fall:
•Every morning eat a handful of white sesame seeds because they contain sufficient amounts of magnesium and calcium that are essential for hair growth.
•Increase the intake of dark green vegetables and colored fruits like papaya, carrot, beet root, mango, orange, all berries etc that are rich in antioxidants.
•An all fruit diet and drinking warm water will help to neutralize body and cleanse it from toxins.
•It’s important to add protein rich foods like milk, soy, pulses, egg white, nuts etc.
Avoid: Cold foods and drinks, sugary foods and drinks, excessive raw foods. Use medium salt and avoid salted snacks and foods.
Send in your questions on Ayurveda to firstname.lastname@example.org now! And don’t forget to include `Ayurveda FAQ` in the subject line.