Ayurveda Q&A: Treating gall stones effectively
Dr Gowthaman, Medical Director of rVita, answers readers’ questions on Ayurveda. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every Tuesday.
This week’s answers:
1. Dear sir, I am 30 yrs old.my stomach is large so plz suggest a ayurvedic medicine to control on belly fat and reduce belly fat.
Before answering your question, i would like to understand your health. Have you ever been diagnosed with any of these conditions: Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, insulin dependent DM, Liver infections, affected with typhoid or any stomach infections. What are your physical activities? How much rice do you take per day? How much water do you drink per day?
These questions have a very strong relationship to and will provide solutions for your problem. Because these diseases and the modern medicines used to treat them usually make you gain weight or have a bloated tummy.
a. Improve fiber intake, add a lot of green vegetables, pumpkin, snake gourd, beans etc in the diet. Reduce rice and sweet intake
b. Water plays a vital role in belly reduction. Please drink at least 2-3 liters of warm water a day. Water processed with cumin seeds has a positive effect on tummy reduction.
c. Ayurveda recommends a special tummy reduction therapy called ‘Udwartanam’ – Medicated herbal powder is applied over the tummy area followed by herbal steam bath helps.
d. Medicines like Avipattikara Choornam tablets -4 at bed time with warm water, Dubli capsules – 2 thrice daily 5 minutes before food with warm water, Ayaskriti + Loha Asavam each 30 ml thrice daily 10 minutes after food does help.
e. Physical exercises plays a major role in tummy reduction. Consult a fitness expert or yoga expert and get a personalized fitness plan and try to practice as regular as possible for your health management.
2. Dear Doctor, My son aged 11 yrs has been having this mosquito infection right from the age of 3 months old baby. When asked my Dr., he had prescribed Bactrium and then I had been to another Dr. and then the list continues. He gets this itchy during the mosquito season and keeps spreading. Now it has started leaving marks. This is especially by this ankle (leg) and wrist too. Pls advise for treatment of this infection and for the marks it leaves.
Ayurveda has a good solution for this condition. Application of Maha Thiktakam gritam all over the body reduce the marks and also reduces the hyper activeness for mosquito bites. Reduce spicy, salty, carbonated drinks in the diet. Regularise the water intake and improve the fruits and vegetable, greens intake. Physical exercise do play a major role in skin health. Please advise the child to do good physical activites.
3. Dear Doctor,I have mobile Gall Stones for about 10 years now. Please let me know how to remove them.
A holistic approach with Ayurveda, yoga and diet can solve this problem non invasive. My experience suggest that Gall stones up to 12 mm can be managed by following a simple home remedy. 30 ml of Olive oil + 30 ml of fresh lemon juice + 5 gm of garlic paste as a mix once a day in empty stomach for 40 days. We have even conducted a clinical study about the efficacy of this nature cure remedy. It works wonderful.
Ayurveda medicines like Shilajatu, Ashmari hara gutika when added with the above remedy it brings out the stone as early as possible. Water plays a major role in cure. Drink adequate amount of warm water.
Asanas like pachimottana asana and Dhanurasana (Bow Pose) can also help. Please get trained from a good yoga teacher.
4. Sir, my wife (age 40 year, good physical health) is suffering from HITUS HARNIA. Even though she takes avipittikarak churnam she fills omitting. How should be life style , exercise & ayurveda medicine treatment
Ayurveda believes that Human Body positively respond to the natural healing which includes natural remedies. It might take some long time with compare to modern medicines to achieve full relief from hiatus hernia with help of Herbal medicines.
An holistic personalized approach with Ayurveda, Yoga and Diet sure will help. Medicines like Dadimashtaka Choornam – 3 gm 30 minutes before food with buttermilk helps to reduce the acute onset. Dhanvanthram tablets 2 numbers with jeera water twice daily also does help.
Early dinner, adequate water intake, avoiding spicy, salty foods and drinks, sleep immediately after food helps.
5. My age is 57 years height is 160cms ,weight is 63kgs. My sugar level in fasting is 106 and BP is 160/85. please suggest me suitable medicines for me
Improving the physical exercises and planned diet can help you. I do not think you require any medications. As a effective home remedy both for weight management, BP and border line sugar take 30 ml of fresh juice of Adathoda leaves with 30 ml warm milk once a day in empty stomach.
As a rejuvenation medicine, you may take Shiva Gutika 1 tablet in empty stomach followed by warm water.
An combination of internal and external application can improve the condition swiftly. Ayurveda medications like Bakuchi capsules 1-1-1 after food with warm milk, Madhusnuhi Rasayanam 1 tablespoon twice daily after food with warm milk improves the condition.
6. Dear Dr Gowthaman. I am aged about 55 years suffering with vitiligo problem in forehands, for the last 7-8 years. Please suggest some effective remedies.
I personally advise to use the following home remedy, buy Psorolia corolifolia seeds, soak it in cow’s urine for 21 days. Then dry and make a soft powder. Apply this powder mixed with buttermilk on the patches followed by warm water bath after 30-45 minutes. This can improve the condition.
Avoid non veg, milk products and white sugar.
Send in your questions on Ayurveda to firstname.lastname@example.org now! And don’t forget to include `Ayurveda FAQ` in the subject line.