Ayurveda Q&A: Treating PCOS disorder
Dr Gowthaman, Medical Director, Dr Gowthaman’s Ayurveda Panchakarma Center, Chennai, answers readers’ questions on Ayurveda. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every Tuesday.
This week’s answers:
1. Dear Sir/Madam, I am taking treatment for malasma since last three year of english medicines but i am not getting rid from it.
i have seen this malasma problem to many dermatologist still i am not getting rid from the malasma.
So it is therefor requested to you kindly guide and suggest me for better treatment.
Hope for your positive response.
I shall be highly obliged of you.
As i have discussed many time Melasma requires a integrative holistic approach with Ayurveda therapies, Yoga and diet. An holistic approach with these three yields better results. In my practice i recommend a 40 day Ayurveda pancha karma Therapy which includes internal medications and external purification therapies.
1. Ela lepam: Ela – Kizhi : Herbal leaves and herbs or herbal powders are applied to the whole face in boluses with medicated oils for 2 periods of 7 to 14 days.
2. Nasyam: Herbal juices, medicated oils etc are applied through the nose for 7 to 14 days. This treatment is highly effective for certain some types of skin diseases etc
3. Pizhichil: In this treatment, lukewarm herbal oils are applied all over the body in a special rhythmic way continuously for about 60 to 90 minutes per day for a period of 7 to 21 days. This treatment is very useful for Melasma.
These therapies and internal medication helps rejuvenating the skin in turn the Melasma to disappear completely.
As a effective pacification remedy, Please apply Maha Thiktakam gritam external application followed by warm water wash.
2. Dear Doctor Gowthaman, Thank you. Just one clarification. You have advised me to apply Surasadi Thailam for the dandruff/scalp itching problem, should I apply this or Dhurdhurapatradi tailam.
Hi A R Ramanarayanan,
Please just apply Surasadi Thailam. That is enough. No need for DDP Thailam.
3. Hello Sir, This is Vaishali from bangalore i have too much grey hair, to hide grey hair previously i was using some chemical dye now i am using Indigo color powder sir is there any remedy for stop grey hair growth i consulted in patanjali they examined and told i have pitta dosha body so usually early i will get grey hair i started to get grey hair around 21 years now i am 30, 50% of the hair has turned into grey. please tell me any home remedies patanjali doctor told me for Nasya treatment.
can i go for NASYA treament, can i use neem oil for nasya treatment since i am pitta body, my mom told neem oil will increase heat of the body and another question doctor told deficiency in ZINC and COPPER lead to this condition.
please sir give suggestion, truly speaking i am fed of this grey hair
most of the time i feel i dont have life when i see my friends
please sir give me some tablet name which will stop white hair growth.
Grey hair problem is easily solvable one. Please check your diet and life style how much water you drink, what kind of fresh vegetables and fruits you eat. Have you ever checked for Vitamin D levels and Thyroid functions. Are you conscious adding iron and folic acid supplements in diet?
In my practice, I recommend a special purification followed by a rejuvenation therapy. I suggest the patient to take Maha Thiktakam Gritam in the following ways
Day 1 – 20 ml
Day 2 – 40 ml
Day 3 – 80 ml
Day 4 -160 ml
Day 5 -320 ml
Day 6 -640 ml
Followed by medicated purgation therapy to eliminate all the unwanted toxins from the body. During this course of 7 days very strict diet and life style is advised.
After this therapy a special 7 day diet therapy is given start with diluted rice gruel to meat soup.
Followed which the rejuvenation therapy of 60 days starts. Every day medicated oil application on the scalp followed by medicated herbal powder application followed by herbal wash. During this therapy too strict diet with life style modifications and internal medications are advised. Any patient completes this 90 day therapy can experience the real natural process of hair blackening.
As a pacification therapy, Please apply surasadi Thailam external application followed by Utpaladi Choornam as pack for 21 days. This stops the premature greying and helps in hair coloring.
4. sir, is there any remedy for cure the pcos problems in AYURVEDA, Currently i am taking Mathulanga rasayanam in the morning .please suggest regarding this issues tks
PCOS is the specialty of Ayurveda. I recommend a holistic approach with Ayurveda medicines and therapies, Yoga and diet can normalize the condition in time.
1. Saptasaram Kashayam Tablets
3 tablets – with warm water 30 minutes before breakfast and Dinner
2. Kalyanaka Kshara (21)
250 mg after food with curd water thrice daily after food
3. Satavari gulam
5 gm at bed time followed by 200 ml of warm milk
Take this combination for 90 days for better results. Please add physical exercise for better results. Avoid Non Veg, Green Chili, Potato, Pumpkin, Curd and pickles in diet. Drink at least 3 liters of water for better results.
Send in your questions on Ayurveda to firstname.lastname@example.org now! And don’t forget to include `Ayurveda FAQ` in the subject line.