Ayurveda Q&A: Underweight? We have the answers
Dr Gowthaman, Medical Director of rVita, answers readers’ questions on Ayurveda. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every Tuesday.
This week’s answers:
1. Im suffering from disk bulge pain in neck and back. Please tell me where I can get good treatment for disk bulge in chennai.
You can visit us, rVita health centers in Chennai. we have a full fledged pain management center at Adayar. For details please visit rvita.com or call 1800 425 4325 (India)/ 9500123412
2. I have problem GERD (Acid Reflux) for past 6 months, i came to know allopathy medicine will only control the problem but not cure. so i wants to know , Is it possible to cure in Ayurvedic ? and How much time it takes to cure ? I’m expecting ur answers…
Yes, GERD is the speciality of Ayurveda. Not just medicines, a personalised program with Ayurveda medicines and therapies, yoga and diet can completely cure this problem. Usually it takes 7 days to bring to normalcy and 2-3 months for complete cure. For the time being, please take the following medications – Maha Thiktakam Kashayam Tablets – 3 Nos before breakfast and Dinner with warm milk, Avipathy Choornam – 5 gm at bed time with warm water.
Avoid curd, bread, sour fruits and juices. Take buttermilk, pomegranate, apple etc as part of your diet. Take at least 3 liters of water a day and 7-8 hours sleep a day.
3. Hello sir my height is 5.10 and my weight is 52..and my appetite is very less please suggest me something because i am filling very weak.due to which my weight & appetite will increase.
What are your food habits? Is it regular? Proper time? How much rice and vegetable do you consume per day? Do you use alcohol? How much water do you drink per day? These questions are your solutions
1. Eat sufficient quantity of food at proper time and drink adequate amount of water (3 lts per day); add adequate amounts of fresh vegetables and fruits in the diet
2. Avoid alcohol, salty, spicy and non-vegetarian foods, and drinks for some time
3. Sleep is very important to maintain/improve the digestion and metabolism
4. Check your thyroid profile to rule out any possible hyperthyrodism
5. For time being please take the following medications: Gandharava Hastadi Kashayam Tablets – 3 tablets twice daily with warm water + Dhanvantharm gutika – 2 tablets, Avipattikar choornam – 5 gm at bed time with warm water
Send in your questions on Ayurveda to firstname.lastname@example.org now! And don’t forget to include `Ayurveda FAQ` in the subject line.