Ayurvedic remedies for dark undereye circles
Dark circles under the eyes are a very common beauty complaint. Nine out of 10 people have dark circles under their eyes at one time or another.
The skin under our eyes is very thin. As we get exposed to sun rays, the skin under the eyes gets damaged and becomes more thin and wrinkled. The veins below this thin skin start looking prominent. Thus the wrinkles and prominent veins form dark circles. Sometimes, pigmentation also causes dark circles.
Age, over exposure to sun, lack of sleep, lack of nutrients, allergies, eczema, asthma, hereditary, fatigue, chronic diseases, pregnancy and menstruation are some of the causes of dark circles.
Here are solutions for under eye dark circles
1. Concealing the dark circles around eyes through make up techniques.
2. Do not use bleach or peels to make the dark circles around eyes light.
3. Treat the cause of illness.
4. Sleep for sufficiently long hours to prevent formation of dark circles under eyes.
5. Do not scratch the under eye skin.
6. A diet rich in nutrients helps to remove dark circles around eyes.
7. Lightly tap the under eye skin with one or two fingers to increase the blood circulation.
Ayurveda guide for dark circles
1. Body detoxification.
2. Skin rejuvenation
Dark circles also appear when the body is dehydrated. Drinking lots of water rehydrates the body and keeps the skin moist. Dark circles disappear when body is rehydrated.
Our body has self-healing properties. This applies to the skin too. Most of the repair functions take place during sleep. A good night’s sleep of 7-8 hours helps the skin repair itself and make dark circles vanish.
Salt should be restricted as it dehydrates the body by fluid retention. Plenty of proteins, fresh fruits and vegetables keep the body healthy and the skin firm. A good diet with nutrients keeps dark circles away.
1. Apply moisturizer daily on dark circles
2. Avoid caffeine, tobacco and alcohol
3. Stress causes dark circles. Yoga and pranayama help to reduce stress and thus remove dark circles.
4. Wear a cap with sun shade when you go out in sun as sunlight causes dark circles.
5. Grate cucumber and squeeze fresh juice out of gratings. Dip two cotton balls in it and keep these cotton balls on eyes. This relaxes eyes and relieves tiredness of eyes – this is considered as the best remedy for under eye dark circles.
6. The above process has been found to be effective when done using potato also.
7. Apply a paste of lemon juice, tomato puree, orange lentil flour (masoor dal) and turmeric powder (if you are not allergic to it) on under eye dark circles. Leave it on for 15 minutes and wash it off.
8. Avoid sweets and chocolates.
9. Dip two cotton balls in rose water and place them on your eyes, covering dark circles.
10. Keep thin cold cucumber slices on eyes when your eyes are too tired.