Dermatologist Q&A: Getting rid of rashes
Dermatological Surgeon and Consultant, Dr. Anand Krishna answers readers’ questions on dermatology. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every Thursday.
This week’s answers:
1. My daughter is 13 yrs old. She has some black spot on right side of her chin for the last about 5 years. We consulted with a Skin Treatment doctor n they hv given medicine for that but there is no change. Now a days it is increasing, it looks very bad. pls suggest me some remedy. thnx n regards,
I would like to know whether the girl started getting Acne when she was 8years plus or the spots were spontanous in nature. Also if new lesions continue to occur. Once I have the answers I should be able to offer a solution
2. my name ravindra. i am male age 23 years. recently i observed that my neck is going black when compared to the remaining skin colour. please suggest a solution to overcome this problem.
Dear Ravindra, a) You must have added weight to your neck last 6 months or so. B) You must be wearing a gold chain which contains 8% to 20 % copper c) Have you used any medicated creams which could be the cause.
3. hi doc iam 41 for the past few years iam having a dark patch behind my neck initially there was itching but now the area seems dark when compared to the rest of the skin . iapplied various thing like karpooram creams but it doent seem to go.it doesnt seem like normal skin.what is it due to doc please help me doc thanks
Dear Nishli It is very clear that you developed contact / irritant dermatitis to the daily oil or cream that you use as a hair groomer. Also check if use a hair dye or if you wear low blouses which exposes your nape or inter scapular area to the sun.
4. I am suffering from Psoriasis since 1984. Psoriasis in the scalp is not at all going though applying lotions regularly. Kindly suggest me a remedy.
I should be saying this but I happen to be the only allopethic Dermatologist who completed my 2 year Diploma in Integrated medicine which encompasses Ayurveda, Sidda and Homeopathy, registered in the Council For Integrated medicine in New Delhi. This gives me the licence to take the best out of each system and cure diseases like Psoriases, Leucoderma, and even rare diseases like Pemphigus and Scleroderma. In fact lesions upto 4 inches in diameter where my fraternity insist grafting is the only option I manage to re grow normal skin in 2 to 3 weeks using an out patient technique I learnt during my 4 year stint in Vienna. That is provided the patient is not diabetic or is at least on medication and under control. I can cure your ailment without steroids, methotrexate or any kind of immunosuppressives.
5. Dear Dr. Anand Krishna This problem started 2 years back. I have not used any medication. I apply some coconut oil and nothing. No family history of such problem. Last week i have my thyroid and blood tests all are normal. But from the last 1 year I have gained weight. Dr. kindly advise what is the problem and whenever I sweat it creates a lot of trouble with itching.
I am staying near Delhi NCR. I am a 38 year married woman. When summer approaches that means from the month of March last week till october last week, i usually have small small rashes only whole arm above the elbows. This is very itching whenever i try to touch it. And whenever I go in sun and when I sweat it creates almost very unbearable situation with itching and a slight irritation. This does not happen in winter season.
Kindly advise what to do. Shall I try some medicine so that I can get rid of this itchy problem? Please advise.
I genuinely feel sorry and like to know if your monthly peroids are normal, second whether you have a family history of Asthma, Eczema, Urticaria, Allergic Rhinittis. As I had mentioned earlier you have to at least go back to your all 4 grand parents, first cousins. Use an air cooler at night instead of an air conditioner as the cooler will increase humidity unlike an air conditioner which will reduce humidity by at least 35% on the contrary an air cooler will increase humidity by at least 35% giving you an overall boost of 60 to 70 %. Try to cover yourself with 2 thin cotton garments which will reduce the skin temp by about 3 to 4 degrees centigrade. Also get into the habit of using skin emollients (non steroid) and last but not the least avoid leaving the confines of your house from 7 am onwards, I hope you are not living in the top floor of your flat/ house. Try dousing yourself with plain water at body temp or mixed with ice cubes every hour provided you dont go to work. Unfortunately Delhi being a non-coastal city there is no sea breeze. Please try whatever you can and write back in 2 weeks or so. I am confident you should feel at least 30 % better.
You can take a tablet called ROMILAST 10 mg daily at about 5pm. Along with this, take ALLEGRA 120mg around 8am and the second around 8 pm. After using the same for a couple of weeks I will consider changing the dose/medicines after getting a feed back Also let me know if you have shifted residence since 2 years or any new industry has come up within a couple of kms.
Send in your questions on skin-related problems to email@example.com now! And don’t forget to include `Dermatology FAQ` in the subject line.