Dermatology Q&A: How to care for your feet in summer
Dr. Jaishree, Medical Director of Skinfiniti Aesthetic Skin and Laser Clinic, answers readers’ questions on skin care. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every fortnight.
This week’s answers:
1. Dear Dr Jaishree, My mother is a patient of chronic renal failure and she has been got a quick itching and there is bleeding on that place. I understand that this problem is happened with the CRF patients. Could you tell me which medicine I should use so that either itching is stopped or the wound is recovered immediately? The coconut oil is not much helpful at this moment. I have also used the Vaseline and soframycin and they are also not so much useful. I shall be thankful if you please suggest some better medicine or any other option.
With best regards,
The lesions may be due to her renal condition. It is difficult to prescribe anything online. Please consult a dermatologist.
2. My heels and feet are very dry and peel, any remedy?
Drying and peeling of foot is a sign of lack of attention to foot care rather than just overexposure or lack of moisturizing. A daily regime of cleansing and moisturising is a good practice for foot care. Try and use coconut based moisturiser as it penetrates in your skin and will moisturise them. A regular application of glycerine and rose water is also very helpful.
3. I have loss of hair after colouring my hair. Suggest me a shampoo and some tips to maintain my hair healthy.
Oiling your hair with coconut oil will deep condition it and prevent your luscious locks from turning frizzy and brittle. Don’t wash your hair too often as that will dry it up and use natural shampoo which is chemical free. Since you have colored hair, do a regular deep conditioning massage with coconut oil before every wash.
4. I have itching in my hair & I have more & more hair loss, they are not thick also.
Hair loss is a serious problem and it happens due to moisture and dirt in your scalp. Massage your scalp with coconut oil before washing them. It will guard your hair from damage and will provide nourishment. Try to avoid use of strong chemicals rather wash your hair with natural shampoo. Increase your intake of proteins, leafy vegetables, fruits and coconut water to provide nourishment to your hair.
5. Hi ma’am I’m sarath n my age is 26 basically my color is white due to pigmentation I became black plz tell me the tips to become my natural colour.
Use a moisturizer containing sunscreen daily. Wear a cap or a hat when outdoors. Take a lot of vitamin C in your diet which includes citrus fruits like oranges, berries. Apply a cream containing arbutin, kojic acid, liquorice and vitamin C every night. You would also need to do skin lightening peels every 3 weeks to reduce the pigmentation.
If you have a query for Dr. Jaishree, send it to us at email@example.com now! And don’t forget to include `Dermatology FAQ` in the subject line. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every fortnight.