Dermatology Q&A: Lightening your skin from within
Cosmetic Dermatologist, Dr. Rashmi Shetty, expert advisor with Parachute Advansed Knowledge Center answers readers’ questions on skin care. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every fortnight.
This week’s answers:
1. Madam, I am 32yrs old and i have lost my maximum hairs please give me best treatment for hair fall.
Firstly look at your diet closely. Protein, calcium, iron are a few important nutrition that needs to be adequate. Also then oiling is your best bet. Give yourself 20 minutes deep conditioning massage with hot coconut based hair oil. Coconut oil is an all time favorite; I grew up on this as a hair care habit. Coconut oil is very light so it penetrates into ur hair shaft. Improves your hair health so it makes your hair withstand all the damage that pollution, wind, styling that u would put your hair thro.
2. I used herbal product for some reason, but i got infection due to herbal product, in result start hair fall so fast, I need suggestion to prevent hair fall please, thanks
Give yourself 20 minutes deep conditioning massage with hot coconut based hair oil. It is an instant solution that deeply penetrates the hair shaft providing necessary nourishment.
3. I need easy , short n effective way of preventing dandruff as well as hairfall ……..i m getting
You must visit your doctor as dandruff is a type of yeast and needs specific shampoos to treat it, it may also be psoriasis of the scalp. However please try using arcolane or scalpe shampoo.node DS is my current favorite anti dandruff shampoo. Leave it on for 5 mins before you rinse it. It is not a good idea to massage your scalp until your scalp is clear. Apply oil only to your hair.
4. Had got my hair straightened but after few days hairfall is increasing at the alarming rate…..Should I stop using The shampoo, mask and serum for straightened hair…
There can be many reasons for hair fall. It is difficult for me to tell you an exact solution without a detailed history and examination, however the most common of them is nutrition and hereditary related. We will address the nutrition issue. Pls do your blood profile to make sure your iron , calcium are at good levels or make sure you take supplements along with necessary vitamins like biotin for hair. Protein is however very important in your diet. Oiling an age old hair care habit can save and protect your hair at any stage. 20 minute Deep conditioning your hair with coconut based hair oil is your best bet. You could also try parachute Advansed therapy.
5. my skin looking very dark,therefore i feel complex between my friends.plz help me.i have already tried mostly fairness cream or face wash plz help me.
Dear Anjali, please do understand skin color is determined racially and genetically , only a part of it is cause of your life style and sun exposure. People all over the world are crazy about dark skin. You should feel blessed. How ever since you have noticed it your self lotions and potions only work to a minimal extent and the effect lasts only as long as you use them. Pls do apply a good sun screen , eat intense colored food and you can take supplements of vitamin C and glutatheone which help you lighten your skin from with in.
Please do try peels and q switched Nd Yag laser .
6. I would like to know whether Hair Transplant is good option for regain hair or hair loss is something which cant be Regained as claimed by most of the doctors.
Dear Amit there are a whole lot of remedies. Start off with nutrition and oiling. Then your hormones. And then meet your doctor to know about topical minoxidil and nutrients , meso therapy as well helps a great extent. Do look up www.drrashmishetty.com for more info.
7. I’m Kalyani, My buttocks are too dark compare to my actual skin tone will u suggest any remedy and medicine for my problem.?
Please use azelic acid, Kojic acid or then hydroquenone creams at night. Use cotton under pants. That should help for starters
8. Pl suggest remedies for hairfall and premature hair graying
There can be many reasons for hair fall. It is difficult for me to tell you an exact solution without a detailed history and examination, however the most common of them is nutrition and hereditary related. We will address the nutrition issue. Pls do your blood profile to make sure your iron , calcium are at good levels or make sure you take supplements along with necessary vitamins like biotin for hair.
If you have a query for Dr. Rashmi, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org now! And don’t forget to include `Dermatology FAQ` in the subject line. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every fortnight.