Dermatology Q&A: Oiling hair protects it
Cosmetic Dermatologist, Dr. Rashmi Shetty, expert advisor with Parachute Advansed Knowledge Center answers readers’ questions on skin care. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every fortnight.
This week’s answers:
1. I am suffering from pimples on my nose from ten years what can i do some time it get clear but again they come back. please suggest
Dear rizwan, firstly use a face wash that can dry your skin in this oily area like with salysilic acid or peroxide. Then pls do consult your doctor. Also using creams with retin A at night on this area will help.
2. Hi i have two daughters 8 and 4 years old both of them have grey hairs i showed them to so many doctors but they say it is genetic is there a cure for it can i atleast stop the greying process which doctor should i see i stay in mumbai
Graying as such has no treatment, but please make sure their dietary supplement of calcium pantothenate and copper is good . But otherwise cosmetic solutions are to color them. Make sure they develop the habit of oiling their hair regularly as this will protect the health of their hair which they’ll have to color repeatedly all their lives.
3. respected madam, i wear glasses because of which i had dark spots on my nose..so please suggest me name of some good dark remover cream which are easily available in market. thank you
Dear kamlesh, firstly please change the frame of your glasses, as constant pressure and friction on any area will make it change color and texture of the skin. After you do that just apply any moisturizer or over the counter skin lightening cream for a couple of months and you`ll be fine.
4. Hello, Iam suffering from dandruff very severely which is like white flakes and itching. And every hair which falls has sooji type at the root. Didn’t understand what is that. Tried applying almost all hair oils such as parachute, parachute advanced, parachute therapy, castor oil, olive oil, mintop, livon etc…. I didnt find any results. Again I changed the shampoo which I thought that its due to hard solution of shampoo. tried many shampoos which makes my scalp very dry itchy…..Please suggest me any remedies / tabs / oil / … I will feel great to those guys who will respond to my post and thankful to you…waiting eagerly for responses..
Dear mr khan, you must visit your doctor as dandruff is a type of yeast and needs specific shampoos to treat it. It may also be psoriasis of the scalp. However please try using arcolane or scalpe shampoo. Leave it on for 5 mins before you rinse it. It is not a good idea to massage your scalp until your scalp is clear. Apply oil only to your hair .
5. I’ve shaved my head a lot. is there any permanent solution for eliminating dandruff?
You must visit your doctor as dandruff is a type of yeast and needs specific shampoos to treat it, it may also be psoriasis of the scalp. However pls try using arcolane or scalpe shampoo. Leave it on for 5 mins before you rinse it. It is not a good idea to massage your scalp until your scalp is clear. Apply coconut oil only to your hair
6. hello Dear Doc: I am male of 23 and i have oily skin and my hair is falling what can i do to stop them. Plz give me advise.
There can be many reasons for hair fall. It is difficult for me to tell you an exact solution without a detailed history and examination, however the most common of them is nutrition and hereditary related. We will address the nutrition issue. Pls do your blood profile to make sure your iron and calcium are at good levels or make sure you take supplements along with necessary vitamins like biotin for hair. Protein is however very important in your diet. Oiling is an age old hair care habit that can save and protect your hair at any stage. 20 minute of deep conditioning your hair with coconut based hair oil is your best bet.
If you have a query for Dr. Rashmi, send it to us at email@example.com now! And don’t forget to include `Dermatology FAQ` in the subject line. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every fortnight.