Dermatology Q&A: Pamper your hair to prevent hairfall
Dr. Jaishree, Medical Director of Skinfiniti Aesthetic Skin and Laser Clinic, answers readers’ questions on skin care. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every fortnight.
This week’s answers:
1. My age is 28 and next month will be 29. Could you please suggest me if there is a any permanent solution grey hair as it started for me when i was school days which lowered my confidence level…Even now i have that, before getting married i need a solution for this. Could u please mail with details if there is any solution and how much does it cost at affordable price….thanks
Early greying of hair can occur due to smoking,stress, frequent hair colouring, deficiency of certain vitamins or it could be genetic. Take supplements of panthothenic acid, zinc & biotin to delay the process of greying. Stop smoking and avoid stress factors. Condition your hair well . You could use warm coconut oil which is a natural conditioner.
2. Hi friends, Am 28 , I have hair fall problem for the past five years , and now i use a naturally prepared oil and use shampoo,conditioner to clean and condition my hair and i also use hair leave on serum to my hair after shower..So my question is Does hair serum is good for hair ? becoz I use it and i feel it detangle the hair which avoid hair loss while combing..
Thanks in Advance.
Increase proteins in your diet. Take iron and biotin supplements. Check your thyroid hormones. Avoid blow drying and chemical heat hair teatments . You may use a hair serum to detangle your hair. Alternately, you could also apply a few drops of coconut oil to detangle the hair
3. Some blackspots are their on both the sides of my cheeks. Due to pimples blackspots are formed show me the way how i can remove them?
Apply tretinoin 0.025% cream on the spots on alternate night. If they don’t reduce, go for glycolic and tretinoin peels to get rid of the black spots
4. i am losing my hair i am just 20 i used ayurvedam it worked only little pls tell me the home remedies which gives result with in a month.pls reply soon
Indulge and pamper your hair – A hot coconut oil massage works wonders as a conditioner and provides the necessary nourishment & moisture to your scalp and hair. It is recommended to oil your hair at least 2 hours before you wash your hair (at least thrice a week) to regain the moisture.
5. hi i m suffering frm sevior hairfall pls help me
Low haemoglobin, stress, dieting, any illness, thyroid disorder
are all causes of hairfall. Certain chemical hair treatments can also cause hairfall.Do not go for any starvation diets in order to lose weight or remain slim. Your diet should be rich in proteins. Whole wheat, cereals, sprouts, egg white, lean meat, milk, soya are rich in proteins. You must include them in your diet.
Take a vitamin supplement which has biotin everyday. Check your hemoglobin. If it is low, you will need an iron supplement. You must also do your thyroid tests ie T3,T4,TSH.If these levels are abnormal, consult an endocrinologist
It is also important to do a hormonal test if your menstrual cycles are irregular. You can apply 1ml of minoxidil 2% solution on your scalp twice a day.Use a mild shampoo and conditioner twice a week.
If this doesn’t help, you must consult a dermatologist.
6. Am Sandeep 29 years old boy and have moles on my face . Could you please suggest me some medicines or creams which help me to remove the same from my face.
Moles can be removed with a radiofrequency cautery or with a Co2 laser. There are no creams or home remedies to remove moles. Please consult a dermatologist.
7. Hi, i am 25 year old, i have acne problem and lots of black marks, and using clindoxy gel as per doctor’s advice. After using it for 10 days, my skin has become very dark and , and looks like lots of sunburn. Should i need to continue using this cream or please suggest me with some good creams to get rid of sunburns, and black marks. Also need suggest me some cream for skin lightining.
Your skin has dried due to clindoxyl and appears dark. Stop clindoxyl. Apply a natural moisturizer such as one containing coconut milk and mint to hydrate & soothe your skin. Apply a papaya paste on the dark spots to get rid of them. Consult a dermatologist for further treatment.
If you have a query for Dr. Jaishree, send it to us at email@example.com now! And don’t forget to include `Dermatology FAQ` in the subject line. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every fortnight.