Diet tips to look fab on your wedding day
Come winters and there’s a beautiful feeling of happiness and celebrations. Engagements, weddings, pre-wedding festivities are the common words most of us hear. In between all of this happiness is the wonderful bride who wishes to look good on her special day. Given below are few tips to look your best on your D Day.
- Hydration is the key to a glowing and a beautiful skin. Make it a point to add in good 3-4 litres of water every day. Along with plain water, add in fluids like flavoured water (water made with wedges of any fruit) or buttermilk or jaljeera or juices made at home.
- Plan to take charge of your health and your skin the day you decide the wedding date. Work backwards, as this gives you ample time to plan and work things practically.
- If weight loss is on the agenda, consult a good nutritionist and start a diet program. But do remember nothing drastic can work. Go slow and enjoy the process of feeling good and healthy. Always remember if you do any kind of a crash or fad diet, it would show on your face and skin. So let the diet be balanced and wholesome.
- Do not forget, exercise is the key to look good. An hour of exercise in any form like brisk walking or swimming or yoga and so on can do wonders for your digestion and in turn for a glowing skin. Be dedicated and be on time.
- Always remember to split your meals to smaller portions. Consume at least 4 – 6 meals everyday. Have a heavy balanced breakfast, follow it up with a mid morning snack, then a moderate lunch, another snack in the evening and close it with a light dinner.
- Do add in milk at bedtime and enough fluids like buttermilk, green tea, jaljeera, vegetable juices, etc. in between your meals.
- Do not omit any foods. But yes keep a check on fried foods, sweets, alcohol and heavy meats.
- Do remember to carry healthy snacks like digestive biscuits, roasted peanuts and channa, dry fruits, fruits, salad sticks, buttermilk, popcorn, roasted corn, steamed sprouts when you go out shopping. Try and avoid outside food as much as possible.
- When called for dinner or lunch parties, be smart in what you eat. If you have to eat everything, then stick to maybe 1/2 – 1 serving only. And yes do not forget salad or raita for sure.
- Incorporate foods like flax seeds, walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, raisins, bell peppers, oranges, sweet limes for a glowing skin and healthy hair.
- Squeeze lemon on whichever food possible, for better nutrient absorption.
- Sleep sleep sleep. Make this word a regular part of your lifestyle. It’s important to get 8 hours of sleep everyday.
- Finally, believe that, the D-Day would be the most beautiful day of your life, and do not stress or get worried, as stress shows on the face and the body. Enjoy the festivities and the celebrations; and look good !!
Ms. Malavika Athavale
Eatrite – The Nutrition Clinic
Malavika Athavale has a PG Diploma in Dietetics from SNDT University (Mumbai) and industry experience in clinical and pediatric nutrition. She founded Eatrite – The Nutrition Clinic where she provides her consultancy services in individual diet counseling and corporate well-being initiatives.
Image: Getty Images