Eat smart this Diwali
- Go for traditional sweets: Choose home-made sweets instead of manufactured ones which are often full of unhealthy additives and preservatives.
- Choose nuts over sweets: If you want to eat sweets, start with nuts as they contain protein and will fill you faster.
- Keep yourself well hydrated: Amidst all the excitement of Diwali, do not forget to drink lots of water.
- Eat an apple every day: Apples have long been known as a health tonic, medicine and cosmetic, all wrapped in one skin. They also contain pectin which gives you a satiated feeling.
- Give healthy gifts: Give something that will do your loved ones good! Go for fruit and nut hampers.
- Get active: Just because it’s Diwali it doesn’t mean you should stop exercising.
- Avoid over-indulgence: Remember, moderation is the key.
Image: Getty Images