Expert wedding hair and makeup tips
Celebrity Makeup artist Ms. Meghna Butani shares tips and tricks to look fabulous on your wedding day. From skincare, makeup to hair, Ms. Bhutani offers a range of foolproof solutions to look your best on the most important day of your life!
Skin care regime for brides-to-be
Skin care should ideally start 2 months prior to the date. It is good to visit your dermatologist and get a skin analysis done. The dermatologist will put you on a skin care routine so that your skin can look its best on your wedding day.
Makeup to use everyday
As far as makeup goes, mineral makeup is ideal to use everyday 2 months prior to your wedding. This is lighter on the skin and helps the skin breathe while still giving a mild coverage.
Bridal makeup: Look fabulous on your D-Day!
- For bridal makeup, a light liquid luminous makeup is in.
- Beautifully done up eyes and light lipsticks work on heavy outfits. Stick to the rule of keeping makeup muted if your outfit is very heavy.
- Eyes can be smokey with bronze and gold tones rather than black.
- Use a beautiful orange blush on your cheeks since it goes well with gold work.
- Peach tone lip colors would work well with heavy outfits.
- Lots of highlighter can be added on the skin and cheekbones to make your skin look dewy.
- For a smaller function like engagement or cocktail, bright lip colors can be used and eyes can be kept subtle. A beautiful brown kohl pencil will work better than black.
- Orange and oxblood color lipsticks are in this season and purple is the colour of the season. So if you use a bold lip colour like the ones mentioned don’t forget to keep the rest of your makeup subtle.
Pre-wedding hair care and Bridal hairstyles
- Your treatments should start 2 months prior, one session of deep conditioning protein treatment should be done per week to restore shine and strength
- Moroccan oil should be used daily. Hair can be coloured 15 days prior.
- For brides-to-be, insist on a trial for the chosen hairstyle from your makeup artist.
- Hair can be put up in a beautiful updo for the pheras using fresh flowers or hair jewellery. Fresh gajras around a braid also look beautiful. For flowers, orchids or roses can be used.
- For the reception, hair can be left open with soft curls and lots of volume at the roots .
- The front section can also be pinned up with a side fringe. An updo for a cocktail dress can also look elegant. Braids are very much in this season. Twisties and messy fish tail braids are also in.
- Vintage updos can look beautiful and so can a waterfall braid. A messy side bun is also in !
Remember, keeping the look simple, always works for brides.
Ms Meghna Butani
Celebrity makeup Artist
Meghna Butani is a hair and makeup artist who has been in the industry for the last 11 years. She specialises in fashion , ad films and bridal makeup. Meghna also has her own salon in juhu by the name of tangles where she does cuts colours and hair treatments and does shoots side by side. Meghna has worked with celebrities like Malaika Arora Khan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Yuvraaj Singh, Aditi Rao Hydari, Lisa Haydon, Mandira Bedi, Angela Jonnson and many other film and tv personalities.
Image: Getty Images