Fitness Q&A: A sound weight-loss program
Fitness expert, Namita Jain answers readers’ questions on fitness. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every Thursday.
This week’s answers:
1. I am 5 -9 but my weight is 110 Kgs. I am also diabitic and it is arround 170 mark. I do a regular Gym with the following exercise and doing it for 7 months now
Gym in early morning (5-30 Am)
1. Walking in the Tredmill for 1 1/2 hours
2. Lat Pull 3 sets of 12 reps
3. dumbell lift 25 kgs 3 sets of 12 reps.
4. Bench press 10 reps of 3 sets
5. leg press 20 reps of 4 sets.
Yoga in the Evening (7-30 PM)
1. Uttan padasan
2. Bajra Asan
3. Supta Bajra Asan.
3. Pranayams and some more excercises
8-30 am : Dal with oats (3 table spoons) OR 2 pc of brown bread with dabur honey.
11 am : 2 cream krakaker / Marie with green tea
1-30 pm : Lumch 2 chapaties with 1 vegetables (no sugars or potatos)
4 pm : 2 cream krakaker / Marie with black coffee (nosugar or milk)
9-30 pm : Dinner 2 chapaties with 1 vegetables (no sugars or potatos)
In spite of that I am not loosing weight , which is very astonishing. could you please let me know what is going wrong. Thank you very much for your help
Your exercise and diet intake should result in weight loss or inch loss; as regular physical activity level and diet play a crucial role in weight loss.
I suggest a medical evaluation and consultation with a physician. As conditions such as hypothyroid etc. may result in stubborn weight and reduced metabolic rate.
2. hi im 27 yr female about one month ago i had my gallblader operation when can i seart my abb circle exercise
Exercise intensity and type depends on your recovery and healing. Please consult your surgeon for specific guidelines and exercise recommendations.
3. I’m 28 yrs old n working in a wealth management company so on day to day basis i’ve deal with so much of stress n my tendency is to gain weight in stress now my prob is big tummy n wide waistline n hips n i wanna plan my family now. As per the doctor’s advice i need to put off at least 8-10 kgs from the current weight which is 55. M not doing any exercise apart from some house hold work n my regular food intake is as following.
1glass full of milk at 8.30
some packed snacks at 10.30
4 roties ,1/2 bowl veg, 1 papad 1/2 bowl salad n 1 glass buttermilk at 2.30
some packed snacks or 4/5 biscuits at 6.30
2 paratha or 1 bowlfull veg pulao n 1glass buttermilk at 9.30
I’m also fond of sweets so m taking it in between anytime n m not taking sugar in my morning milk. Madam plz tell me how to reduce my weight in inches n kgs this is on high priority for me so kindly reply ASAP.
To lose weight you need to create a calorie deficit. Weight loss of 1 to 2 pounds per week is recommended.
Diet plus exercise
Diet plus exercise is the ideal way to lose weight. A sound weight-loss program should include –
§ Decreased fat consumption. Switch to low-fat milk and milk products
§ Avoid sweets, fried snacks and oily foods.
§ Practice portion control. Cut back on the quantity of rotis at lunch and rice at dinner.
§ Include salads and fruits which are high fibre
§ Exercise regularly and lead an active lifestyle
Exercise is crucial. Cardiovascular exercises help reduce body fat and burn calories. Also, metabolic rates can increase up to 25 percent for six to eight hours after a cardiovascular workout. A duration of 60 minutes of low-impact cardiovascular activity is recommended to lose weight. Examples of low-impact exercises are walking, swimming or cycling.
Send in your questions on fitness to email@example.com now! And don’t forget to include `Fitness FAQ` in the subject line.