Fitness Q&A: Challenge your pot belly
Fitness expert, Namita Jain answers readers’ questions on fitness. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every Thursday.
This week’s answers:
1. dear namita, is core training possible with yoga alone?
Core training is strengthening hips, abs and back. I suggest you do abdominal exercises, back and hip exercises in addition to yoga. Or you could do Pilates to strengthen your core. All the best!
2. hi im 45 yrs old. Wt is 70 and height 5 feet 7. is this right? I also have a pot belly and don’t feel motivated to do crunches or walk. How do I pep myself up?
You need to lose about 8 kilos. Here are some tips to lose weight:
1. Consume fibre-rich foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole-grains.
2. Cut down on intake of fats and sugar.
3. Walk for 1 hour daily.
4. Eat a light dinner.
3. My wt is 72kg and height 5.2 .Pls advise.Want to loose desperately
The safest and most effective way to lose weight is to follow a calorie restricted diet and
increase physical activity. Exercise daily – I suggest you walk 1 hour everyday to burn
calories and stay fit. Also, eat small nutritious meals every three to four hours to boost
your metabolism and to avoid feelings of extreme hunger.
4. hello maam, ur book on diet is very useful. please tell me if I can increase the countdown to 6 or 8 weeks as I am still struggling to control my dinner diet.
Yes, that is fine no problem at all.
Send in your questions on fitness to email@example.com now! And don’t forget to include `Fitness FAQ` in the subject line.