Fitness Q&A: Exercise gives energy to cope with work pressures
Fitness expert, Namita Jain answers readers’ questions on fitness. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every Thursday.
This week’s answers:
1. Hi, please tell me a suitable exercise to my knees. I have been having knee pain for the last 2 months.
Please consult your physician for specific exercise recommendations based on your knee condition.
2. Hi Namita, I am 42 yrs old working woman, 5”2 and weigh 76 kg. Pl tell me tips to include some exercise as I always start morning walk and give up because of lack of time.
You can try yoga or hire the services of a personal trainer to teach you exercises so that you stay consistent. If you find time a constraint you can break your workouts into three 10-minute segments each day. Taking three short breaks to exercise may seem easier and less tiring than one 30-minute workout session. Also, in time you will find regular exercise gives you more energy to cope with work pressures. Think of the health benefits of regular exercise. Regular exercise increases blood circulation, lowers cholesterol and decreases chances of heart disease. Also, you will feel more energetic and keep fit.
3. Dear madam, I have a problem – if I sit for long I get pain in the lower back. I have not consulted a doctor. Will it go by exercising? Pl help
Please consult your physician to diagnose cause of back pain.
4. Hello, I work for about 10 hrs daily on my laptop and have starting stage of carpel tunnel. Is there any suitable exercise to treat it?
There is no specific exercise to treat your problem, check your desktop and wrist position while working on the computer. And, please check with your physician for specific recommendations.
5. hi namita, I underwent lap for an ovarian cyst 2 months ago. Since then I am putting on weight in my belly. How to reduce it?
Diet plus exercise is the ideal way to lose weight. A sound weight-loss program should include –
§ Decreased fat consumption
§ Portion control
§ Adequate nutrition
§ Consistent, sensible eating and exercise habits
I suggest you include any of these exercise options. Here is a rough calorie guide for you:
Simply walk: Just put on your walking shoes and walk anywhere, anytime, as convenient.
Calories burned: 300 an hour.
Cycle: Outdoor cycling is a great exercise for toning the lower body.
Calories burned: 350 an hour.
Send in your questions on fitness to firstname.lastname@example.org now! And don’t forget to include `Fitness FAQ` in the subject line.