Fitness Q&A: Food plan for weight loss
Fitness expert, Namita Jain answers readers’ questions on fitness. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every Thursday.
This week’s answers:
1. Post pilonidal sinus operation in 2009, I experience pain in my lower back after doing light exercise/yoga. Pls advice.
Sushanto Kumar Mukherjee
I suggest you consult your doctor to determine the cause of pain in your lower back. And based on that, ask him for exercise recommendations.
2. I am 40 yrs old house wife, mother of 2 kids, (aged 8 and 11 yrs old) I am from telugu family, obese 80 kgs. I want to reduce 10 kgs in 2 months. kindly suggest me some diet plan so that i can reduce my weight
Here are the key factors you should incorporate into your food planning:
* Cut back on fat consumption
* Practice portion control, and avoid over-eating
* Include high fibre foods such as fruits and green vegetables daily
* Avoid eating a large meals after 9 p.m.
Breakfast: Tea, fresh fruit bowl topped with 4 sliced almonds, a small bowl of porridge
Midmorning: 1cup watermelon, coconut water
Lunch: Salad with sprouts + 1 cup rice/ 2 rotis/ 2 slices bread + veggies + dal
Late afternoon: 1 cup tea + 1 cup roasted popcorn/ 1 cup roasted savouries with less oil
Evening: papaya (1-cup)
Dinner: Carrot juice/ vegetable soup, platter of grilled veggies and ½ cup low fat paneer+ 2 rotis/ 2 slices bread
Send in your questions on fitness to email@example.com now! And don’t forget to include `Fitness FAQ` in the subject line.