Fitness Q&A: Obese? How to lose weight
Fitness expert, Namita Jain answers readers’ questions on fitness. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every Thursday.
This week’s answers:
1. I am 27 years old and weighed at 103 kg and 6ft 2inch. work in a finance department so alot of sitting is done. i eat once in a day. Could you please guide for effective weight loss program so that i can reduce weight quickly within 2months
§ Include cardiovascular exercise
Do some sort of aerobic exercise such as walking, cycling or swimming at east week, for 1 hour everyday.
· Set a scheduled eating pattern
Eating only one meal can affect your metabolism adversely. Eat small meals a day. Your body needs only few calories at a time for energy. Large meals overload the body’s digestive system, excess is stored as fat.
§ Lead an active life
If you are sitting at a desk all day or leading a sedentary life, the metabolism starts becoming sluggish. It is important to increase your activity levels whenever possible. For example; take the stairs instead of the elevator, walk when possible instead of driving – keep your mind and body active to avoid lethargy from setting into your routine. Nothing is worse than that for slowing down the metabolic rate.
For a detailed diet plan you can read my weight loss diet book titled ‘ The four-week countdown diet’. The publishing house is penguin books.
2. hi, i m neha chauhan. my height is 168 cms and weight is 74 kg. at my age what shoud be the ideal weight for my age and if it i m over weight then tell me how can i lose my weight. please reply
Your weight should be approximately 57 to 62 kgs. For a detailed diet plan you can read my weight loss diet book titled ‘ The four-week countdown diet’. The publishing house is penguin books.
Here are some weight loss tips:
· Include exercise. You will burn calories, lose weight and shape up.
· Watch your food intake. Do not cover your plate with gravies, creamy sauces or dressings. They are laden with high fat. Instead, order sauces and dressings on the side and go easy on them.
· Make lighter food choices when possible. Eat egg white instead of the whole egg. Low-fat instead of full fat. Did you know? Skim milk gets 5 percent of its calories from fat, while whole milk gets 51 percent from fat.
Send in your questions on fitness to firstname.lastname@example.org now! And don’t forget to include `Fitness FAQ` in the subject line.