Fitness Q&A: Organise healthy meals to lose weight
Fitness expert, Namita Jain answers readers’ questions on fitness. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every Thursday.
This week’s answers:
1. hi namita. I started following your 4 wk CD book. But im at a steady 68 for last 4 weeks. I don’t walk much only doing yoga. Any suggestions?
Please consult your doctor and check if you have any medical concern… he may be able to offer you a reason why your weight is steady inspite of dieting and exercising. All people I know who have followed the book sincerely without deviating from the diet plan, have got results.
2. is there any where I can learn pilates in pondicherry? Or can u suggest a dvd pl?
I am not aware of pilates classes in Pondicherry. I suggest you google search for a pilates
3. I am 35 yrs old. My weight has gone up to 86 kg in last 2 years and ht is 5 feet 2. I cant walk much because of knee pain. How do I lose weight?
Please consult your doctor for an exercise plan – you should include some physiotherapy exercises to strengthen your legs.
Also follow a diet to lose weight. Here are some tips:
– Eat six small meals at regular to raise your metabolism.
– Plan and organise your healthy meals in advance.
– Drink more water, you may find you are thirsty rather than hungry!
– Mentally place yourself as a ‘healthy eater’.
– Use herbs and spices to add a zing to your food.
Send in your questions on fitness to firstname.lastname@example.org now! And don’t forget to include `Fitness FAQ` in the subject line.