Fitness Q&A: Trim your tummy
Fitness expert, Namita Jain answers readers’ questions on fitness. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every Thursday.
This week’s answers:
1. I am 25yrs old.My weight is 75kg.plz suggest me how to reduce fat from tummy area?
The three important aspects for losing tummy fat are:
1. Train your abdominal muscles, hard and smart.
Constantly challenge your abdominal by varying your workouts.
2. Evaluate your eating habits.
Incorporate a diet that is healthy, well balanced and low in fat. There is no getting away from the fact that food you eat plays a vital role in defining your mid-section.
3. Incorporate cardiovascular exercises to burn calories.
Unless you burn fat, your toned abdominal will remain hidden underneath a layer of fat. That is why burning calories is an integral aspect of abdominal training.
2. Hi, I walk for about 2 miles every morning. I take about 15 mins to cover this distance.By the end of my walk I have radiating pain in my left leg that is intense but goes away after a while. What might be the reason for this?
The reasons could be several. Such as a compressed nerve or tight muscles or a muscle pull or spasm. Please get it evaluated by your doctor.
3. dear namita, my mother, 48 years old, has osteo porosis. What are the exercises she needs?
She should do weight bearing exercises such as walking, as well as strengthening exercises. Also, ensure adequate calcium and vitamin D consumption. Please get specific recommendations from your doctor. Strength exercise plans are devised based on the severity of the condition.
4. hello mam. I have just started following your fitness guide jaldi fit. Is this sufficient to lose about 5 kgs?
Yes. Weight loss of 1 to 2 kgs a month is safe. Make sure you add walking everyday 45minutes to 1 hour. And watch your diet – consume a low-fat, healthy diet, eat at regular intervals and make sure your dinner is light.
Send in your questions on fitness to email@example.com now! And don’t forget to include `Fitness FAQ` in the subject line.