Fitness Q&A: What’s the 4-week diet plan?
Fitness expert, Namita Jain answers readers’ questions on fitness. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every Thursday.
This week’s answers:
1. pls let me know 4 week program so that the same can be pursued by me. my wt is 60 kgs and height is 5 and my stomach too big 38 Inch
2. pl let me know d 4-week diet n help me in putting down my wt..i am 55kilo wid 5.1″….let me know d tips for reducing wt
The 4 week plan involves a gradual cutting down of food intake, on a weekly basis. Therefore, in week one, the dieter cuts down on dinner. During the following week, week two, breakfast is trimmed. In week three, in-betweens are restricted.
By week four, lunch is modified. So by the end of four weeks, the dieter is in full control and is able to continue the diet plan with ease. In case the dieter has already reached his or her target goal, there is a maintenance diet plan in place. Along with balanced meals and mini meals, the recommended daily exercise is also included.
The 4-Week Countdown Diet package therefore covers all aspects of food and fitness, working as an all-in-one guide to ensure sustained fitness levels, as per individual capacity. I suggest you go through the book for complete details. All the best!
3. Hi, Please let me the details. my main problem is severe constipation and my waist size is more and i want to reduce 2 to 3 inches.My height is 5.7 and weight is 75. Help me out
For battling constipation consume easy-to-digest foods, such as fruits, juices, vegetables and herbal teas. Also, ensure that you consume atleast 10 glasses of water daily.
Some tips to avoid constipation and lose weight:
· Consume fibre-rich foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole-grains.
· Consume vegetable juices and soups.
· Avoid smoking, alcohol, coffee and other stimulants.
· Cut down on intake of red meat, fats and sugar.
· Walk for 1 hour daily.
· Eat a light dinner.
4. My wt is 72kg and height 5.2 .Pls advise.Want to loose desperately
The safest and most effective way to lose weight is to follow a calorie restricted diet and increase physical activity. Exercise daily – I suggest you walk 1 hour everyday to burn calories and stay fit. Also, eat small nutritious meals every three to four hours to boost your metabolism and to avoid feelings of extreme hunger.
5. Dear Mam, I am 39 years old. I am walking in a tread mill everyday morning and evening for one hour. But still I am blessed with fat belly, Please help me how to reduce my belly. Normally I won’t take any oily items. Should I increase my walking or to follow diet. Please instruct me, mam
Please do not increase your walking. Follow a diet to lose weight. Here are some tips:
– Eat six small meals at regular to raise your metabolism.
– Plan and organise your healthy meals in advance.
– You can maintain a weekly food diary, to make a note of your weak spots.
– Drink more water, you may find you are thirsty rather than hungry!
– Mentally place yourself as a ‘healthy eater’.
– Use herbs and spices to add a zing to your food.
Send in your questions on fitness to firstname.lastname@example.org now! And don’t forget to include `Fitness FAQ` in the subject line.