Fitness Q&A: Yoga for conceiving?
Fitness expert, Namita Jain answers readers’ questions on fitness. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every Thursday.
This week’s answers:
1. I am over weight 80kg and height 5 feet 6. i have gone though operation i got ovarian cyst after surgery i gain weight first my weight was 74 plzzzzzzz advice me what should i do …….
Diet plays a crucial role in combating obesity. To lose weight you need to create a calorie deficit. Weight loss of 1 to 2 pounds per week is safe. To lose 1 pound a week you need to cut back on 500 calories a day. That is a total of 3500 calories a week. The best way to achieve this is by reducing your calorie intake and increasing calorie expenditure through exercise.
If your cyst has been removed you can exercise safely. Also, Include exercise to burn calories, lose weight and shape up. Diet plus exercise is the ideal way to lose weight. A sound weight-loss program should include –
§ Decreased fat consumption
§ Portion control
§ Palatable food choices
§ High fibre
§ Balanced nutrition
§ Regular exercise
2. i want ro become a fitness lecturer what is the proceedure i complet my pt cource from pune in 2010
Please approach organisations with your resume and proposed plan stating your area of expertise; and what you wish to talk/ lecture about; and how they will benefit. All the best!
3. I am not able to set up a proper exercise and dietary routine. My height is 5 feet 9 inches and weight is about 70 kgs. I am trying hard to gain a perfect abs and proper muscular built but I am not. I am trying to do exercises but I loose my regularity as well motivation to do, Can you suggest me how to go about it with a proper dietary and exercise routine. Thanks
The three important aspects for fab abs are
1. Train your abdominal muscles, hard and smart.
Constantly challenge your abdominal by varying your workouts.
2. Evaluate your eating habits.
Incorporate a diet that is healthy, well balanced and low in fat. There is no getting away from the fact that food you eat plays a vital role in defining your mid-section.
3. Incorporate cardiovascular exercises to burn calories.
Unless you burn fat, your toned abdominal will remain hidden underneath a layer of fat. That is why burning calories is an integral aspect of abdominal training.
Lie on your back with your knees bent, and your hands behind your head. Lift your shoulders off the floor and curl your legs towards your ribcage; simultaneously. Slowly, return to starting position.
Lie on your back and lift and bend your knees at 90-degrees. Contract your abs to stabilize your torso, and bring your hips and knees towards your chest. Slowly return to starting position.
Lie on your back with legs extended and arms behind your head to support your neck. Contract abs and lift shoulders off the floor. Use your oblique muscles by attempting to bring the left shoulder towards the right knee and the right shoulder toward the left knee.
4. Hi, I am 30yrs of age and am trying for a baby. My test reports for sugar iis normal, bp is normal too. I am mid small framed 5’1 inch and weigh 69kgs. i have a problem of higher in pelvis fistula which has almost cured by homeopathic medication. I go for gymming and follow cycling for 10mins, twister for 50counts, thigh stretcher for 10counts each and then follow with freehands and yoga. My query is can you please suggest the asanas which should be performed before conceiving and also while the three trimesters of pregnancy…
You can do any asanas before conceiving. Light asanas can be done during pregnancy. You need to consult your doctor for specific recommendations, if any, based on your condition.
Send in your questions on fitness to email@example.com now! And don’t forget to include `Fitness FAQ` in the subject line.