Flaunting your curves in 2018 – a resolution you can stick to!
It’s that time of the year again, where you start jotting down resolutions for the new year, and as always one of the most popular ones across the world includes getting fitter or healthier! But despite the best of intentions very few people actually manage to stick to their health and weight loss plans beyond the first few weeks of the new year.
Before you know it, you are reaching out for the bag of chips and your ambitious plans of having a curvy body have been undone! But stress not, the reason you’ve probably not been able to stick to the plan of getting healthier, is because you didn’t clearly outline what you need to do on a daily basis.
Research shows that most resolutions are not kept because while people know what they want, they don’t spend enough time to make a plan in order to achieve it. So if your resolution is to flaunt your curves like a diva in the coming year then here is a game plan to ensure you stick to this resolution with the right habits to help you get there!
Eat Right to Glow with Good Health
The best diet is one which becomes a way of life without posing too much challenge to stick to, and which does not create an imbalance by making you severely restrict one food group or the other. So in the new year, instead of a fad diet, go for a sustainable diet pattern which enhances your overall health and vitality, helps you shed the desired pounds, and keeps them off!
Some of our suggestions might seem same old to you, however, good advice never grows old.
- Make Salads a regular part of your life.
- Choose unprocessed foods; fruits over fruit juices, brown rice over white, guacamole over ketchup & smoothies over toast.
- Fill up on protein to maintain metabolism & choose more plant based protein over animal protein.
- Eat little and often to boost metabolic rate & stave off cravings.
- Drink lots of water .
Exercising is easily available to everyone
Making elaborate plans to visit the gym don’t benefit us. Instead of making it a New Year Resolution worthy of drum rolls, make it an everyday one, and do these simple exercises at home whenever the mood strikes you (for best results, ensure it’s striking you at least 4 times a week).
- Warm up with a Walkout. No! Not that one! This walkout involves you to stand straight, bend at the waist, place your hands flat on the floor, and walk your hands to the front till you reach the plank position. The walk your hands backwards into a standing position.
- A few reps of Squats will work your upper and lower body both.
- A few reps of Spider Lunge will work those hips & hamstrings well. Get into the push up position, bring your right foot to the outside of your right hand, and then go back to push up position. Repeat with the left foot landing outside left hand maintaining a strong plank position all throughout.
- Get those curves flashing in no time with some Side Bends. Stand with your feet two to three feet apart, raise your right hand straight up and lean sideways towards the left keeping your torso from twisting. Let your left-hand slide down your left leg as you bend your waist to the left. Come back to standing position and repeat with left hand bending towards the right.
- Walk! Download your favorite songs, grab your earphones and walk for great health benefits. If you can intersperse your walk with short bursts of a jog, that will pack even more benefit into your walk.
If you need some help in getting your healthy living plan jump started, let’s review a sample diet you can follow along with the above mentioned tips to get you into your LBD for New Year’s Eve.
Straight out of bed
Warm water with lemon juice & honey with ½ spoon grated ginger
1 glass skimmed milk
2 egg white omelette with 2 multigrain toasts
1 Medium sized Apple
1 portion salad
½ cup brown rice
½ cup dal
½ katori seasonal vegetable cooked in less oil
½ cup moong sprout salad with lemon juice
½ bowl vegetable soup
½ bowl vegetables/home cooked chicken
So, flaunt your glowing skin and enviable curves this 2018 and remember, you are responsible for your health and well-being. Make 2018 the year of action and don’t just leave it as the year you made a new plan!
(The fitness regime is suggested by fitness coach Abhishek Thakur and the diet plan is given by dietitian Ms Jyoti Sawant).
Image Source: Twitter