Hair and makeup tips for the festive season
Celebrity makeup artist Ruhee Bindra tells us how to achieve that glowing near perfect look this festive season. Bonus: Learn which hairstyle is in this festive season!
How to achieve a flawless look with minimal makeup:
- Apply a BB cream followed by a compact powder.
- Brush your eyebrows and fill it in with an eyebrow powder.
- Use a nude skin color matte eye shadow all over your eyelids.
- Apply a brown eyeliner and smudge it with an eyeshadow brush on the upper and lower lash line.
- Use a black kohl on the waterline and apply heavy coats of mascara.
- Apply a matte cream blush on the apples of your cheek.
- Contour your forehead and jaw line with a matte brown powder for a slimmer looking face.
- Dab a matte lipstick with your finger on your lips for a stained effect.
So now that your makeup is set, let’s take a look at which hairstyle is ideal for this festive season. For hair, my suggestion would be to just do a fishtail braid for that Indian look! Simple yet elegant the fishtail braid is a must try.
Be open to experimenting
One must be open to trying all shades of lipsticks, eyeshadows, eyeliners and blush that tend to suit one’s skin tone and face the best. Don’t forget to test the shades on your face prior to buying. You would surely know what suits you and what doesn’t I am sure.
The must buys!
The must buys for the festive season would be:
- A BB or a CC cream
- A pore tightening oil free powder
- Face balm
- A matte nude eyeshadow
- Grey, black or brown smokey eyeliner
- Black kohl
- Setting powder
- Waterproof mascara
- A matte cream blush
- A lip stain
Look good and feel good!!
Ruhee M. Bindra
Celebrity Make-Up and Hair Designer
Ruhee M. Bindra is a Celebrity Make-Up and Hair Designer. She has worked with all the ace production houses and celebrities in the Indian film and television industry. Her forte is make up and hair designing for features, reality shows, brand endorsement TVCs, fashion magazine covers, red carpet events and fashion shows.
She has been honoured and nominated at the IIFA Awards for designing make-up and hair for Yash Raj award winning prestigious films like ‘Chak De India’ and ‘Rocket Singh’.
Her client list includes Gauhar Khan, R Madhavan, Sachin Tendulkar, MS Dhoni, Zaheer Khan, Harbhajan Singh, Sidhu, Shazahn Padamsee, Tabu, Shraddha Kapoor, Genelia D’Souza, Nisha Rawal, Saina Nehwal, Amy Jackson, Karan Mehra, Tarana Raja and Claudia Ciesla.
Image: Getty Images