Health recipe: Indian cereal for babies
Planning to start your baby on weaning foods? Soft and mashed cereal foods can be introduced along with breastfeeding at the age of 3 to 4 months.
Rice and certain millets can be introduced safely. Always start your baby on the new food at lunch time. Here’s a traditionally made, nutritious cereal your baby will love.
750g – red colored rice
500g – whole wheat
250g – ragi/millet
100g – whole moong/green gram
100g – thick poha/rice flakes
2 tsp – fennel/ajwain
4 – jaikai/nutmeg
20 – badam
5 – cardamom/elaichi with chilka
50g – arrowroot powder
50g – bhadramusthe
50g – sugandhi beru
- Roast rice and wheat on a light flame for 10 min.
- Raagi should be soaked in water so that it sprouts the next day.
- Spread out the raagi on a towel and place in the sunlight to dry well.
- No water should be remaining..
- Mix all ingredients in a good mixer.
- Make a fine powder, the final powder should be as fine as chapathi flour.
Recipe courtesy: Shubha
Image: Getty Images