Health recipe: Minty Tomato Juice
Tomatoes contain antioxidants and lycopene which are good for your heart. They are also known for their anti-cancer benefits. Mint leaves keep the allergic colds you are prone to during summer at bay. They also aid in digestion and make your drink refreshing.
4 juicy ripe tomatoes
1 tbsp mint leaves
1/4 tsp oregano powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp pepper powder
1 tbsp sugar
4-5 cubes of ice
3-4 mint leaves for garnish
1. Quarter the tomatoes.
2. Remove seeds with a small spoon. Keep aside.
3. In a blender, blend together all ingredients with 1 1/2 glasses chilled water and crushed ice.
4. Strain with a not-too-fine strainer.
5. Pour into glasses and add some of the seeds back.
6. Stir and serve chilled.
7. Garnish with a small tiny spring of mint.
Source: Saroj Kering
Image: Getty Images