Health recipe of the day
Bored with the usual dinner ideas? Try this healthy sandwich for a change – add freshly sliced vegetables of your choice and a slice of cheese if you will – to make a filling and complete meal.
1 – long whole wheat bun/herb bread
1 – onion (cut horizontally so that u get the rings)
1 – tomato (cut horizontally so that u get the rings)
spinach chopped finely
cabbage finely hopped / grated
1 – grated carrot
1 – green bell pepper (cut horizontally so that u get the rings)
mixture of green jalepenos, red pepper chopped well
salt and pepper powder
- Toast the bun / heat on tava.
- Spread lightly butter on one side of the bun.
- Spread the finely chopped / grated cabbage.
- On this spread the onion rings.
- On this spread the tomatoes.
- On this spread the grated carrots.
- On this spread the green bell peppers.
- On this spread the olives,jalepenos,red pepper.
- On this spread sparigly spinach (this may be optional).
- On this spread mayo,mustard (this may be optional).
- Then sprinkle the salt and pepper.
- Then fold the outer bun and press the bun so that it compresse all the ingredients.
- Enjoy this Sub I make at home its a good lunch for consious weight watchers.
Recipe courtesy: Shilpa Gangadhar Mahesh Guru