Health recipe of the day: Cauliflower and broccoli soup
A hot soup like this one is nothing but a delicious treat on a rainy day! Bonus: It is an ideal lunch dish for those of you who want to lose weight.
Health benefits of cauliflower:
Cauliflower contains compounds that help prevent cancer. Rich in vitamins, fiber, potassium, magnesium, calcium and iron, cauliflower is also naturally low in calories, stimulating, and even an appetite-suppressant making them a perfect diet food. Fiber and potassium promote good intestinal transit and limit water retention. It is an excellent source of folic acid and potassium.
500 gms – broccoli, chopped into florets
250 gms – cauliflower, chopped into florets
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium potato, peeled chopped
1/4 tsp – dried crushed herbs (of your choice) optional
2 small sticks celery, chopped 1 Clove garlic, crushed 2 cups – water 1 cup – skimmed Milk 4-5 Mint leaves, finely chopped 1 tsp – Butter salt to taste fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat butter in a large saucepan. Add garlic and onion, stir fry till soft.
- Add 1.5 cups water, potato, celery, broccoli and cauliflower.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer till potato is tender. Add herbs.
- Blend mixture till smooth. Add corn flour paste. Return to pan.
- Stir on high heat till it comes back to boil. Allow to boil till thickened.
- Add salt to taste, fresh ground pepper, milk and parsley.
- Reheat before serving.
- Serve hot with soup sticks and butter.
Recipe and Image Source: bawarchi.com