How to achieve a flawless, natural makeup look
Manisha Chopra, cosmetologist and co-founder of SeaSoul Cosmeceuticals has shared five simple make-up tips for getting the perfect natural look.
* Moisturise well: This is the most basic preparation for make-up looks of all sorts. However, when it comes to going for the natural appearance, moisturising becomes all the more important. It gives your face a natural softness and also ensures that make-up goes on smoother. Dry or flaky skin can make it obvious that you’ve got product on.
* Skip foundation: Foundation is the first sign of a made-up look. Instead, opt for a non-oily BB cream that gives you light coverage. The idea is that the base should sink into your skin and definitely not stand out. Also, only use powder to pat those areas dry where your skin gets really oily. Real skin is never matte so don’t try to give it that appearance.
* Feign the flushed look: First identify what your natural flush is like. For instance, try to determine what the colour of your cheeks is after your exercise. Now get a creamy blush that matches the same tone. Blend a dot of the blush into areas such as the apple of your cheeks, chin, forehead and the bridge of your nose.
* Eyes: For the no make-up look lighter colours of brown and blue are perfect. Tight-lining the lower lid with a white eye-pencil is also a great way to make your eyes pop. Mascara is your best friend when it comes to nude make-up. It gives a fuller look to the lashes without being too obvious. Of course, make sure that you don’t leave any clumps behind.
* Lips: First exfoliate your lips well with petroleum jelly. Anything you put on cracked lips will show and look unseemly. Next, choose a neutral lip colour. Avoid matte or ultra-shiny textures that make it very apparent that you’ve used product. Instead go for tinted balms with a hint of colour that goes with the natural shade of your lips.
Image: Getty Images