How to lose stubborn weight?
This question has been asked to me at least a thousand times, if not more. I want to reach out to as many people and share my “Six Secrets” to achieve this with them. First of all, let me tell you that it can be done. I can almost guarantee the shedding of stubborn weight if you are otherwise healthy and all your parameters are normal.
That brings me to a very important point: Please do the following before you begin my program:
• Consult your family physician and get a fitness certificate from him
• Get all the basic tests done to rule out any underlying disease or condition like diabetes or hypertension
• Make sure you do not take any food stuff that you are allergic to
Here come the Six Secrets:
1. Exercise. Yes, quite simple that was, wasn’t it? No, not quite. It’s not just exercise, but it is exercise twice a day and that too for one hour in the morning and one and half hours in the evening. These exercises should be of the aerobic kind and must be learnt from a certified instructor. If you could exercise under the supervision of a certified trainer, it would give you the best results.
2. Drink 6 glasses of vegetable juice per day. Does this sound difficult? Not really if you want to get rid of your stubborn weight! Unless you are really committed nothing can be achieved.
Here’s a list of vegetable juices to choose from:
These may be taken as a single juice or a combination of two or more. To make these juices tasty you may use the following seasonings:
3. Avoid all grains except moong dal (green moong dal). Take well-cooked moong dal along with seasonings such as garlic, onion, ginger, lemon, coriander, and maybe a dash of pepper or chilly. You may add a pinch asafoetida which aids in digestion.
4. Get at least 8 hours of sleep every day. Sleep is the time when your mind and body relax, heal and rejuvenate. Never compromise on your sleep come what may. I suggest you meditate for about 20 minutes before going to bed. This will clear the mind of stressful thoughts. Just as you clear your bed of clutter before sleeping, make it a habit to clear your mind too!
5. Drink ten glasses of hot water with crushed ginger in the day. Ginger is known to bring down the cholesterol level and the BMI (though the jury is still not out on this one, this is an empirical finding which works most of the time).
6. Assertive visualization. The last and most potent secret is, praying regularly and visualizing yourself achieving the weight you desire. If you can see it in your mind’s eye, you can make it happen! It is a very simple, time tested guaranteed formula which I can vouch for. Do assertive visualization for 5 minutes at least 10 times a day. You may even pin up a picture of you at your ideal weight in a place of easy access. This will help you in visualization.
Do try this program and share the results with me.
Mickey Mehta. The author is India’s Leading Holistic Health Guru
More by this author:
Image: Flickr Creativecommons Snowpea&bockchoi