How to prevent and treat acne
Madhu Arora, franchise owner of capital-based Blush Clinic, suggests how to combat acne during monsoon:
* Start by using products that have anti-acne qualities. Use a gel-based face wash followed by a toner and then a gel-based moisturiser. Salicylic-based soaps are good for acne prone skin on back and arms.
* Acne may worsen during monsoon season if hygiene is not maintained. So, in addition to following a proper beauty regime, avoid touching the face if your hands aren’t washed.
* If your skin is oily, an astringent should be used after cleansing. Wipe the face with it using cotton wool. Astringents are mainly used on the skin to penetrate and remove all traces of dirt and oil.
* You have to keep an eye on your diet as well. Avoid junk food during monsoon season. Oily food and soft drinks tend to make the skin oilier. Consume at least three litres of water a day for healthy skin. Add the juice of a lemon to a glass of warm water and have it first thing in the morning. Include fresh fruits, raw salads, sprouts, whole grains and curd in your daily diet.
* Preventing blackheads helps to prevent acne. If there are blackheads, a facial scrub should be used on the blackhead-prone areas. But do not apply scrubs on acne, pimples or rash.
Image: Getty Images