Mental Health Q&A: Develop inner support to be positive

Dr Hemant Mittal, neuro-psychiatrist, answers readers’ questions on Mental Health. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every Tuesday.
This week’s answers:

Sir, I am a married woman having 1 daughter 5 yrs old. My mother expired in 2009 i was very close to
her since then i don’t have anyone to share. My husband is supportive but sometimes there are
major issues between us because of which he used to start quarreling with me.
That depresses me very much. I am trying my level best to make my family happy but he usually says
you are doing nothing just sitting i am working with him in his consultancy. Some of his relative shows very much
intereference in our life since he has no parents and he was living wih them before marriage.
I am quite depressed these days please advice how to cope up with all these.He expects me to adjust
with every situation which sometimes upset me. As I expect he should be on my side always.

Please advise. Thanks & regards
Hello Dipti, you are lacking a support system.

You are feeling alone, and there seems to be a lot of emotions that are collecting within yourself. The anger is making you negative and subsequently just taking over your way of thinking.

I would suggest meet a psychologist/psychiatrist in your area, so that he/she can help you vent out and find ways of developing inner support.

Send in your questions on mental health to now! And don’t forget to include `Mental Health FAQ` in the subject line.