Monsoon makeup trends and must haves
Celebrity Makeup artist Ruhee M. Bindra gives an insight into the current makeup trends this monsoon along with some of the best tips and tricks to keep your makeup intact during the rains!
Buying makeup which is not waterproof is one of the major mistakes women tend to make. Non-waterproof liquid foundation base, mascara and eyeliner are a no-no! Makeup which is not waterproof runs down and smudges all over the face. Glosses or glossy lipsticks must be avoided this season since they bleed around the lips.
Tips on selecting the right makeup for monsoon
- Avoid wearing a foundation. Instead opt for something lighter like a bb or cc cream and studio fix.
- Choose a waterproof and smudge proof mascara, eyeliner and blush.
- For a long lasting lip color choose a matte and long staying lip tint.
Makeup trends this monsoon
- Monsoons call for a minimal or no make up look. Create dewy skin with a dash of BB cream applied all over the face. BB creams work as a tinted moisturiser.
- Apply a creamy nude eye shadow with a smudge proof dark brown cake eyeliner on the eyelids. Apply a thin line of smoky dark brown pencil outside the lower eye lids, followed by a white pencil on the water line. Complete the eye makeup with a waterproof mascara.
- Use a cream blush. Opt for colors like peach and petal pink.
- To finish off, use a matte peach, pink or nude lip tint.
- This look goes well with an unkempt scrunched big hair with braided hair band or a fishtail braid and side ponytail with a thin braid.
Skin and Hair essentials for the monsoon season
Here is a checklist of all the essentials you must use during the monsoon season
- Nourishing face moisturiser
- Lip balm
- Nail/hand and foot cream
- Dry shampoo
- A good hydrating shampoo and conditioner
- Leave in conditioner
For healthy skin and hair:
- Drink lots of water this season.
- Moisturize your face and body twice a day.
- Wash your hair with a good hydrating shampoo and conditioner every alternate day amd use morrocan oil post conditioning.
- Have a handful of dry fruits, nuts and 3-4 cups of green tea for glowing and soft skin.
Ruhee M. Bindra
Celebrity Make-Up and Hair Designer
Ruhee M. Bindra is a Celebrity Make-Up and Hair Designer. She has worked with all the ace production houses and celebrities in the Indian film and television industry. Her forte is make up and hair designing for features, reality shows, brand endorsement TVCs, fashion magazine covers, red carpet events and fashion shows.
She has been honoured and nominated at the IIFA Awards for designing make-up and hair for Yash Raj award winning prestigious films like ‘Chak De India’ and ‘Rocket Singh’.
Her client list includes Gauhar Khan, R Madhavan, Sachin Tendulkar, MS Dhoni, Zaheer Khan, Harbhajan Singh, Sidhu, Shazahn Padamsee, Tabu, Shraddha Kapoor, Genelia D’Souza, Nisha Rawal, Saina Nehwal, Amy Jackson, Karan Mehra, Tarana Raja and Claudia Ciesla.
Image: Getty Images