Nargis Fakhri’s tips for gorgeous hair this monsoon
Monsoon is the time when your hair behaves differently due to humidity in the air. A diligent hair care regime is needed to nourish your hair from within and keep its volume and bounce! Nargis Fakhri shares a few tips on how to keep your mane as ravishing as hers during the rains!
1. Being in my profession, I need an effective hair care regime that can cope with the excess moisture in the air during monsoon and keep my hair smooth and manageable 24×7. Four thumb rules I swear by are – drinking water, a healthy diet, adequate sleep and regular deep conditioning massages with oil.
2. A 20-minute, deep-conditioning massage with hot coconut based hair oil is my non-negotiable hair care ritual. The oil penetrates deep into your scalp to condition the hair, making it an instant solution against the frizz.
3. When I wash my hair in the monsoon, I dry it with a towel and use a soft hair brush or a wide-toothed comb to maintain its shine and natural oils.
4. Sometimes, all the hair styling during the shoots makes my hair slightly dry, especially in monsoon when the weather is humid! Again, a deep-conditioning massage does the trick – it nourishes my hair from within and brings back the bounce.
5. I also make sure I don’t tie my hair very tightly as it will leave the strands broken leading to unnecessary damage and roughness. It’s best to keep your hair styles as simple as possible, maybe a sleek ponytail or a bun, as they are the easiest to maintain in the humid weather.
6. A good diet of 3-4 portions of fruit and vegetables gives me my share of anti-oxidants to keep my hair healthy. Also, protein enriched food such as milk, yoghurt, sprouts, etc. provide my hair with the essential nourishment. Drinking fluids like coconut water keeps my system hydrated and refreshed, which makes sure my hair is healthy.