Play up with your hair for parties
TIGI educator Anushka Moniz along with the participants of Hair Heroes 2016 contest have shared ideas for a chic look:
* French braid:
– Begin with using a dry shampoo on your lengths and ends to help create texture.
– Take a centre parting and braid your hair on both sides using the French braid technique.
– Continue braiding till you reach the nape area and secure it with rubber bands.
– Open up the braids a little bit and spray finishing spray for hold.
* Centre-parted wavy hair:
– Spray a prepping product on the roots, lengths and ends to give thickness and volume.
– Blast dry the hair so that the product is worked into the hair.
– Use a tong and curl the ends using big vertical sections.
– Open up the curls and use a hairspray for hold and shine.
* Low side bun:
– Use volumising spray on the lengths and ends for body and texture.
– Work the product into the hair with a brush and dryer.
– Take a side parting and tie your hair into a low ponytail at the nape area and secure it with a rubber band.
– Use a curling tong and tong the hair that is in the ponytail to create some movement.
– Twist the hair into a low bun and pin it up with bobby pins.
– Pull out a few strands and finish by applying a hairspray for added shine.
* Two top knots:
– Apply a smoothing cream on your lengths and ends for a soft and smooth texture.
– Take a centre parting and divide the hair into two equal parts.
– Tie two high ponytails of both sides of the parting and secure them with rubber bands.
– Twist the hair in the ponytail and wrap it around to look like a top knot. Secure it with pins.
– Repeat the same on both sides.
* Messy ponytail:
– To achieve the messy ponytail, apply a texturising spray to the lengths and end.
– Tie a high pony and secure it with a rubber band.
-Put some loose pieces for a messy effect and finish by spraying a shine hairspray.
Image Source: Getty Images