Recipe of the day: Wheat Dates Cake
This Christmas season, replace the much loved fruit cake with this delicious yet healthy Wheat dates cake! You can use other dry fruits and nuts with dates and substitute white sugar with brown sugar.
Dates is a must have food during winter since it helps generate natural body heat and aids healthy digestion. Here are 6 more foods that are must-haves in winter.
1/2 kg -ghee
1/2 kg – Dates
4 – eggs
1/2 kg – Wheat Flour – (Atta)
1/4 tsp- Soda bi-carbonate
1/2 kg – Sugar
Vanilla essence- a few drops
2 cups – Water
- Boil the sugar with water and add the dates to it for 5-8 mins.
- Then keep it aside for 4 hours. Let it cool.
- Then add the ghee and mix well so as to blend in the dates.
- Now beat the eggs and add to the mixture.
- Then add the flour mixed with soda bi carb gradually.
- Mix well and add the essence and bake until done.
Recipe and Image courtesy: Bawarchi.com