Seven super foods that help reduce stress
Suvro Ghosh, founder of online healthcare portal Helpmedoc, suggests a list of stress-busting food items:
* Avocados: Avocado is loaded with nutrients including vitamin E, vitamin B and potassium. By controlling hunger and regulating the sugar levels in the blood, avocado helps in reducing stress immensely.
* Cashews: They are rich in zinc and the substance has a major role to play in tackling depression and anxiety.
* Berries: Berries are a good source of vitamin C that is a great stress-buster in itself.
* Chocolate: It imparts a feel-good-factor and reduces stress as well.
* Green tea: It also helps in improving mental performance and activating the brain cells.
* Banana: Bananas are rich in potassium that is a natural source of vital mineral, which helps to normalize the heartbeat, sends oxygen to the brain and regulates your body’s water balance. When we are stressed, our metabolic rate rises, thereby reducing our potassium levels. These can be rebalanced with the help of a high-potassium banana snack.
* Walnuts: Having walnuts helps one to combat stress and stay calmer and happier even on a hectic day.
Image: Getty Images