The best asanas to lose weight
Losing weight brings a lot of dedication, commitment, disciplined lifestyle with it. Many of us want to lose weight, we try different diets, work outs, we circuit train and yoga too but somewhere down the lane we tend to lose hope, get bored with the training and give it up. The vicious circle goes on, and body also get tuned to these activities, the next time you hit a program – the body takes longer to break the pattern. Which means that next time you train to lose weight, you will have to put more effort to achieve your goal. One need to sweat it out day in and day out, fight the boredom, shred the inertia to get the fruitful results. Someone is going to smile over a period of time looking into the mirror.
Yoga can help to lose weight. The best part about yoga is that it leaves you fresher and more energetic than before after the work outs. Yoga considered being more of aerobic exercise burns less calories during the workout compared to other strenuous workouts which are as effective. Yoga has its own sweet ways to cut the flab. It is a slow process but it cuts the fat as a knife cuts the butter. Let’s look at the best asanas which can help you to lose the fat.
1. Surya Namaskar: 12 yoga poses combined to form a sequence called Surya Namaskar. It is the best yoga has to offer as far as the poses are concerned. It works on the whole body especially on the big muscle group. A beginner can start with a few rounds of it and gradually increase the no. of rounds. It helps to shred the weight and also known as king of the asanas.
2. Warrior Pose: The warrior pose strengthens the hamstrings, thighs, legs and ankles as the body weight is transferred on the thighs with the forward bend. It helps to stimulate abdominal organs which can help increase the stamina. Stamina built up can help you to keep going over a longer period of time.
3. Cobra Pose: This is the pose which works on the chest and the back region. The heart opening pose helps to take deep breaths resulting in more oxygenated blood being pumped to different parts of the body. The oxygenated blood helps to burn the fat. Helps in toning the buttocks too.
4. Bow Pose: This is more of an advanced yoga pose but not only helps in burning the fat but also helps in toning of arms and legs. One can feel the stretch in the abdominal region taking this pose. The stretch helps to loosen up the fat in the region. Continous practicing of this asana further melts the loosen belly fat.
5. Side Bends: It’s as important to work on muscles in the stomach region as often as working on other muscles group. After a certain age the body stops to grow and the fat starts accumulating in the stomach region. Side bends helps to melt those love handles. These bends might not help to burn a lot of calories but will be instrumental in inch loss. Don’t be surprised if you need to wear belts as your pants will be loose the next time.
These poses can work wonders on the body but as mentioned before, weight loss is combination of many other factors which cannot be avoided. A disciplined lifestyle and eating habits can take you long way to the body you have ever dreamed of.