The multiple benefits of frozen food
McCain Foods Kitchen has listed what makes stocking up frozen food in your freezer a viable option for anyone — a working woman, a bachelor, a student, a not-so-good-at-cooking or not-so-fond-of-cooking person or a passionate cook.
* They are efficient in reducing wastage. Wastage occurs due to peeling, chopping, or when the fruit/vegetable is rotten from inside.
* They are also efficient in reducing the effort one takes to wash, peel and dice vegetables consequently. So, they help in saving time.
* They are also more presentable as they are cut and packaged in uniform shapes and sizes.
* They offer consistency of taste and texture as well.
* Processed frozen snacks also have a much longer shelf life.
* Their year-round availability also gives them an edge.
*Their prices do not fluctuate everyday.
* And lastly, winter gives an added reason to buy frozen food as it is the time when one’s too lazy for all the do-it-yourself tasks.
Image: Getty Images