Tips for a fitter 2012
“Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than anything else.” Abraham Lincoln
1. Focus on living a quality life. Accept yourself today. Allow yourself to grow and keep moving forward.
2. Accept realities. Come to terms with your body, and its genetic frame. Then do your best to get to your optimal size and shape.
3. Refrain from judging others by appearance. The less you judge others by the way they look, the less you will be judged by others.
4. Crash dieting is the flip side of binge eating. You can do without both in your life.
5. Write down what you eat. Be honest about your eating pattern. Only then can you decide on constructive changes.
6. Lighten up. Learn to let go and smile about mistakes you’ve made. Life is too short…
7. When you eat dessert, share it. Pleasure is best when it is shared.
8. Stop comparing yourself to anybody. Comparing is a game nobody wins. Do your best and forget the rest.
9. Discover yoga. It improves the state of mind and body and it nourishes the soul.
10. Develop your mind and your talents. Laugh, enjoy and love life.
11. Include a spiritual component in your life.
12. Get a good night’s sleep.
Namita is a certified clinical exercise specialist and lifestyle and weight management consultant. She is currently attached to Bombay Hospital as their clinical and wellness specialist.