Tips for a safe and healthy Diwali
2. Such patients should use masks when going out.
3. People should wear earplugs to avoid any damage to the eardrums.
4. Young children should only play with crackers in the presence of parents and seniors.
5. Never catch a cracker, especially which has been lit, in the hand as it may burst.
6. Don’t wear loose clothes like saris, frocks, anarkalis and those made with inflammable fibers like nylon and terrycot.
7. Don’t eat or gift perishable sweets especially made of milk and khoya as these are made long before Diwali.
8. In case clothes catch fire, extinguish by putting a blanket around the fire or sprinkle water.
9. Check your inhalers because on Diwali day you may not get any medicine.
10.Keep a first aid kit handy. Eye drops should also be kept in easy reach.
Image: Getty Images