Tips to store your winter clothes well
Experts from FashionAndYou, a flash website in the fashion and lifestyle space, share tips on how to store your clothes well:
* Keep it clean: Before you plan to pack the clothes for the season, ensure that they are clean and tidy. All stains or crooked threads should be rectified before packing, as the stains may settle well inside your clothes during the long storage period. Plan a thorough wash for all the clothes for their longer life before storing them.
* Sort and segregate: As they say, ‘Stitch in time saves nine’. Invest time in segregating and sorting the clothes, depending upon their type or sizes. Remember you are storing them and not discarding them. A well-sorted storage is not a hassle post the season and also ensures clarity and assortment of the clothes you own.
* Choose the container: Choose your mode of storage and the style you would like to store it in. If you would want to hang them, ensure they are well wrapped and looped. If you plan to store them in an almirah or under the beds, ensure that you certainly use moth balls, small cedar blocks and a sheet to cover them so that they remain immune to the pests attack.
* Right place: Be assured that the place you choose is clean and dark. Clean the space and use newspapers or charts before placing your clothes. A dark place is generally cool and prevents fading of the clothes. Keep a check that there is no water in and around the space as that might attract pests and insects. Dry places away from the reach of water are usually the best place to store clothes.
* Monitoring mechanism: Keep a check on the stored items, don’t be ignorant.