Yoga Q&A: How to control hunger
Yoga expert, Trisha Maharaj Singh answers readers’ questions on yoga. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every Friday.
This week’s answers:
1. Are there any poses/asanasas to control hunger, i am unable to control intake of food even though i am doing daily exercises, jogging – my weight is not coming down
Hi.hunger is a good sign. Keep eating when you’re hungry but reduce your quantity. Chew your food more and stop when you’re full. Have hot water throughout the day after meals and first thing in the morning.
2. hi trisha, is there any asana to tighten my belly muscles
Hi. Keep your stomach tight all the time except after meals and yet breathe. Do supta dandasan and navasan.
3. dear mam, what is the correct asana to treat sacroiliac joint pain?
Hi.be very careful with joint pains. Do standing poses-trikonasan vvirbhadasan2 and baddhakonasan.
4. hi. I want to enrol my 5 yr old son in summer yoga camp. Is this advisable?
Hi. Its nice for kids to do yoga as the body gets nourished at an early age. Just make sure he does not push himself too much.
5. dear trisha, I am a diabetic for last 6 yrs. Apart from diet can yoga be used to control blood sugar level?
Hi.you can do lots of twists – marichyasan bhardvajasan and dandasan and paschimuttansasan for stimulating the kidneys and pancreas.
Send in your questions on yoga to firstname.lastname@example.org now! And don’t forget to include `Yoga FAQ` in the subject line.