Yoga Q&A: Yoga can treat ADHD
Yoga expert, Trisha Maharaj Singh answers readers’ questions on yoga. Get your doubts cleared and see them featured on our FAQ page every Friday.
1. What’s the right age to start pranayama?
By age 13 under the guidance of a guru it is safe to do pranayam along with the practice of asanas.
2. Is yoga beneficial for cardiovascular health?
Yes, it is. It stimulates the circulatory system to ease the strain on the heart.
3. Please tell me some asana to sleep well? I get disturbed easily while sleeping.
Dhyaan mudra, adhomukha virasan, uttanasan and sirshasan.
4. I am a call centre professional – constantly stressed out. Can yoga help me keep cool?
Yes, you must make time to do some yoga. Take in fresh air in the mornings and drink lots of water and fresh juices.
5. My son is detected with mild ADHD. Can yoga help improve his concentration in studies?
Yes it can. A lot of people have ADHD ,treat it as a condition and not a problem. Take him to a class where he gets personal attention in yoga, even some arts or crafts or encourage what he loves to do; try even gardening to make him connect with nature.
Power yoga guru, Trisha Maharaj Singh runs a Yoga and Wellness studio in Pune to help people rediscover the transformative power of yoga. She has trained a number of celebrities including international pop star, Belinda Carlisle.
Send in your questions on yoga to firstname.lastname@example.org now! And don’t forget to include `Yoga FAQ` in the subject line.